The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

block build advise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi6bolt

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2010
westminster, Colorado
So I'm rebuilding my 1g 6 bolt right now and am running out of money so I wanna get everything I can for the bottom end while the motors out and than do the head stuff later on when more money comes and when the motor iS already in. I want the motor to be around 400hp when I'm done. So far for the bottom end I got eagle rods and wiseco pistons is there anything I should do other than that and machine work? Can I run the stock turbo, manifold,injectors,head pretty much everything except the rods and pistons for awhile till I can upgrade everything else?
Thanks again !!

ARP hardware, good bearings.
If it was me, I'd have left the pistons and rods stock, they've been proven to 400 WHP.

+1 on the pistons and rods stock they have for sure been proven to hold 400 to 450 HP a nice balance shaft removal on the bottom end would be good and then port polish the head still use the ARP hardware and obviously if the water pump timing belt need changed id change those as well and a cosmetic head gasket. other then that a decent size turbo maybe some 550 evo injectors a 190 or 255 fuel pump front mount and a good tune and ull be well on ## way to 400 HP man

Thanks guys ya I decided to get the rods and pistons because I'm gonna keep building down the road so I thought since its out might as well do it now. What does the machine shop usually coast for everything

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back