The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

blinking anti lock light and car braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VergeTSi

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2006
San Diego, California
Hi, I got a 97 gsx. I was driving my car today, engine warmed up, been driving it for 30 minutes. I get to work and cruising at 10 mph and my car starts braking with the anti-lock light flashing. Happened twice today. Any ideas on what it could be?

If its just the 'anti-lock' light that comes on (and stays on), could be the charging system. (alternator isnt charging the battery)

But you're saying the brakes come on? On their own? Then either:
A) You got a ghost in the car or
B) definately something going on with your ABS sensors

...Its hard to say, because usually even if the ABS sensors fail, then the ABS itself is inoperative

Holy dangerous!

I've had my ABS light flicker on & off before but if it's causing your car to brake on it's own I'd pull the ABS fuse until you have a chance to figure out whats causing it.

Sorry to bring up old thread, but what is abs light is just flickering on and off? I know that my abs wheel speed sensor is broken on the driver side. Before I had this huge electrical problems, the light just stayed on. Now just blinking on and off.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back