The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Blew my tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_love_GST

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Arlington, Washington
The po already messed it up so I was without 4th. While driving around messing with 4th the tranny let go. I am in need of parts, part tranny or a working used stock or built transmission. Without one I am stranded and I am suppose to be driving it to Ok. next month. So far I know the shift rail and shift fork are blown.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2_5.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_5.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 36
  • imagejpeg_2_6.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_6.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 42
  • imagejpeg_3_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_3_2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 34
  • imagejpeg_3_3.jpg
    imagejpeg_3_3.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 37
Well if you are after a story about how my tranny completely exploded to worsen my story. It left me stranded in a busy street and would not move and could not be pushed. I received many rude comments and I am the proud owner of all of $50 bucks. Now that you know I am completely effed. Does my story appeal to you know?

Relax. We're just teasing.

I know how it goes. I've been stranded more than a few times :/ and I am definitely not a rich man.

Relax. We're just teasing.

I know how it goes. I've been stranded more than a few times :/ and I am definitely not a rich man.

I apologize, it just felt like being kicked while down. I don't have a huge dsm crowd here, so when I turn to everyone here it blows up in my face. I would like to find a nice 2nd hand built tranny.

It blows in my face. I would like to find a nice 2nd hand built tranny.

You'll have to deal with all of these things when you roll with trannies:D

Your last comment is just giving us more ammo/fuel: I imagine most trannies are at least 2nd hand; Any decent tranny should be able to use either/both hands; Why are you even dealing with a tranny if you aren't expecting a blow? I prefer my trannies less built, more feminine/demure! Anyway, to each their own;)

This just reminded me of John Lithgow in "World According to Garp".

You should be able to get the parts you need to put your old trans(try that word instead of "tranny". We won't giggle and snicker and make so many jokes) back together. Just run a WTB ad. I have a disassembled 2G GST trans in a tote under my deck. I don't even know why. Besides the rail and fork you'd likely need some new seals, a roll-pin or two, maybe some other nickel and dime crap from a dealer, and a proper manual or some experienced help.

Hell, PM twicks69. I bet he has everything you need.

If you come up with a comprehensive list of parts and just need some decent used stuff to get you by let me know, i just built two trannies in a months time from 3used ones plus my blown original AWD unit, I have many rails, old forks, and other parts laying here, too good to toss and waiting to be needed, I can also repair any aluminum casing you'd need and even have one of everything here that's either in good shape or I can repair ina few hours to get shipped out, I'll let it go cheap, but if you want a bell housing i want one in return (broken is fine i'll just fix it but i want ot keep a spare of that at all times) being a metal fab guy is nice, I had a decent little gig wth a used car lot for a while repairing tranny cases but they got caught up by the economy crunch and stopped rebuilding trannies on the side and almost stopped selling cars in general a few years back, but i use to fix at least one trans case every other day for 125 fixed rate each, worked out really nice wish it was still in effect :(

iN CASE I'M NOT ON HERE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

If you come up with a comprehensive list of parts and just need some decent used stuff to get you by let me know, i just built two trannies in a months time from 3used ones plus my blown original AWD unit, I have many rails, old forks, and other parts laying here, too good to toss and waiting to be needed, I can also repair any aluminum casing you'd need and even have one of everything here that's either in good shape or I can repair ina few hours to get shipped out, I'll let it go cheap, but if you want a bell housing i want one in return (broken is fine i'll just fix it but i want ot keep a spare of that at all times) being a metal fab guy is nice, I had a decent little gig wth a used car lot for a while repairing tranny cases but they got caught up by the economy crunch and stopped rebuilding trannies on the side and almost stopped selling cars in general a few years back, but i use to fix at least one trans case every other day for 125 fixed rate each, worked out really nice wish it was still in effect :(

iN CASE I'M NOT ON HERE EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

Emailed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back