The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A Bleeding slave cylinder (no pressure after bleeding)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g420aeclipse

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2016
houston, Texas
Alright so this is what happened.
I replaced my tranny with a new clutch and throw out bearing. I started to bleed the slave cylinder but my dumbass was too concentrated on the slave cylinder that I forgot to go back and check the fluid level and most of the time i was pumping air. So, I restarted the bleeding process but now my clutch goes all the way in and there's a liltle bit of pressure and I keep hearing sort of air coming out of the slave cylinder every time I pump the clutch.

Do i need a new slave cylinder? and is this the reason the car wont start cause of the so little pressure on the slave cylinder. i turn the key all the way and there's nothing. Yes the battery is fully charged and lights are on from the speedometer.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're still getting air, then you still need to bleed the line more. I want to say your car should still start since you're pressing the clutch which pulls the pedal off the neutral safety switch, which should allow the car to start. I would pull the slave cylinder off, without pushing the rod back into the cylinder body. Once it's off, pull off the rubber boot to see if the piston has come out of the cylinder body. If that has happened, that would cause an air bleed possibly. My old slave cylinder had this happen, but it was caused by mechanical things rather than fluid pressure, or lack of said pressure.

The issue you are running into is probably the fact the slave cylinder itself has air in it. Keep pumping and do as Spyder said about the valve. The fact the car isn't starting if it had anything to do with the clutch would only be a clutch wire issue but I can't comment jdm imports never had clutch wires!

Ignore about the car won't start my dumbass forgot to put the ground side of the starter. But anyways about the slave cylinder is the bleeding procedure different I heard from some people that sometimes most bleeding procedures are different. I was bleeding it the same way as bleeding the brakes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back