The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Drag Race Build Blaze Blue

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got the oil pump I have been waiting for. Next is deciding on a turbo so I can start fabricating the front end. Currently debating between a g45 and 115 xona. I believe xona came out with some compressor maps that I will have to look into.

7BCDE6C1-009D-4F71-B6C9-49FDAC2E64CC.jpeg

C470F3FA-A0B5-4B85-9CD5-8F7EE06FF18E.jpeg

Got a 15x10 rim for cheap. Wanted to see how it would fit. Rim it’s self clears everything, even with the wider fender the rim pokes out ~1”. The guy I got the rim from has a full set with M&H 12.0/26.0r15. Tire would hangout another inch on each side. So about 2inch of poke out, not sure about that. It’s kinda hard to tell with no rubber. The rears I know I will have to flare.
C6050DCD-7FD3-4279-88D2-08B4315C7CB9.jpeg

Tube front end is coming along well. Waiting on the boosted fab north/south bar to finalize. It is setup to be bolt on.

I was able to attend the 1/8 mile event at grove city, my local track. The same guy that won it last year swept it again this year in the small tire. This motivation sparked more research into what it will take to be competitive with this car. I have decided that this will need to be methanol. The direction I am leaning is replacing the TR1245R intercooler with an air to water cooler as the turbos I have been looking at would exceeded the limits of the TR1245R. Although it is not necessary with methanol I would like to maintain consistent temps. I see this best achieved by going A2W. Looking at the CSF cores.

Any recommendations on some good literature regarding engine building or tuning is welcome.

Pretty piss poor update but :idontknow:

Rough turbo placement. Trying to get compressor inlet half on headlight half on front bumper. Any lower the talon 2gb bumper fog holes come into play. From these pictures below it may need to go up ~1". Not going to buy new bumper, may just make some panels to cover the fog holes. Also wont be using the treadstone intercooler. Trying to sell it to buy one more suitable for this turbo.

Taking my time as I have never done this before, some of the things I am paying attention to.

-Turbo angle
-Turbo drain to oil pan (height of turbo)
-Exhaust to pre existing 4" front bumper cutout
-Turbo setback (compressor outlet needs to be somewhat lined up with intercooler, dictates how much turbo going to stick out of bumper)

Once I have placement down , ill tac up cyl. 1 and should be straight forward from there. Will more then likely brace the turbo. Not exactly sure how yet, everything in front is solid mount. Easiest place to brace would be the front hoop.

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3820.JPG

IMG_3821.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back