The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Blast from the past: Street Legal magazine, fall 1999

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arfbarkyPrime

Proven Member
Aug 27, 2022
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I scanned in this copy of an import magazine from back in the day. My wife, and the Talon I have inherited are in one of the stories. Thought people would enjoy a tiny glimpse into the scene from back then.

Her car is pictured on page 19 (second frame, right hand car), car and wife on page 22 (girl draining fuel), 23 (lower right photo of both), 24 (bottom photo of girl laying down) and 25 (girl with cartoon quote about getting hands dirty). She's not the one with the bubble about sunglasses, that's someone else.

She said the photographer paid her extra attention because she was one of the very few girls there with a car. Which is also why she turned away smiling in the laying down photo. But she had also said it was getting a little creepy.

I scanned it high res, so I put it on Dropbox for downloading. Let me know if you can't get to it!

Street Legal Magazine from fall 1999

Damn, you really scanned the whole mag! It works man and is crystal clear too.

I wish I could’ve experienced those times. Sadly I was only 8 years old and my parents weren’t into cars like that.

I wish I could’ve experienced those times. Sadly I was only 8 years old and my parents weren’t into cars like that.
Same here, I wasn't even a thought to my parents yet since one of my sisters was about to be born ROFL
Always looked at that at an era I'd love to live through, so many amazing cars and builds (and also a lot of bad ones)

Thank you so much for taking the time to scan and share this. I enjoyed looking thru each page. What a different time that was.

I wish I would have kept my stacks of magazines from the 00s. They didn’t make the cut on the second or third move back in the day.

I have scanned images from an old japanese magazine, I would share in this thread. Maybe OGs recognize the cars in the pics?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back