The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Black Widow97's Talon: Brought back from the grave.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well i did a little work to the car when I was up in Fargo last weekend.

Good times! :p
image_zps404eb992.jpg

I got my oil pressure and wideband gauges installed finally.
image_zpsc052bf8e.jpg

I also installed an adjustable wastegate. I installed it and somewhat took care of boost creep. It still creeps though when you get on it hard. I also put insurance back on her and took her for a boost this weekend. It was nice to drive her again.

Here is just a pic I took cause i thought she looked good sitting there.
image_zps3f5cc363.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very clean car man! Keep up the good work on it. Any big performance plans for it?? Looks like your keeping it moderatly stock for now?

Also did you remove the badge on the front bumper to paint it? If so how'd you remove it and put it back on? I want to paint mine, Different color of course :)

Thanks man! i dont have any huge power goals for it. i'm going to shoot for 300 to maybe 400 tops.

The bumper on the car was a brand new OEM bumper, so i didn't have to remove it. But on the paprika colored in some of the pics, i did remove the badge from that one. Use a heat gun to heat it up (i heated it from the front and back sides with the bumper removed) and it should peel off pretty easily. Just be careful not to scorch it. Also use a plastic putty knife, don't just pull up on the badge, as i read they break pretty easily.

Heres another small thing i did to clean up the interior a bit. I put a n/t cluster in the dash since i have boost and oil pressure on the pillar now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371064392.648396.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Small update: I finally fixed that pesky boost creep problem! There was a vacuum line missing that T's into the line from the solenoid to the wg actuator. She holds a solid 14 psi now. I took a video of it staying steady at 14, but Bud can attest to how terrible the video is, so i dont think i'll post it. But here are a few pics from a car show i went to with my family.

y6apyjy3.jpg

asadeduz.jpg

2ysata4a.jpg

ubytu8y2.jpg

Just picked up these OEM mud flaps on CL. I didn't have time to clean them up tonight, but I will take them to work tomorrow and get them looking nice. The seller said they came off his 95 TSi AWD with twisty skirts. So if he isn't full of shit they will be perfect for when i get the twisties on my car.

apevavy5.jpg

I thought you said they were installed?! LOL

No not yet. I still need the clips for the skirts. And i just got the flaps in the mail today. I have to put them on when i go to north dakota next.

Just picked up these OEM mud flaps on CL. I didn't have time to clean them up tonight, but I will take them to work tomorrow and get them looking nice. The seller said they came off his 95 TSi AWD with twisty skirts. So if he isn't full of shit they will be perfect for when i get the twisties on my car.

apevavy5.jpg

Don't worry, I'm not full of shit. They are off a 95 with twisties. I'm happy to see they are going on such a nice/respected car and can't wait to see the finished product! :thumb:

I was un-aware that there was a difference in the OEM mudflaps. Can the OP or maybe the seller (^) confirm that you need to use 95-96 specific mudflaps with talon twisties? Thanks in advance and to the OP: keep up the great work, Ive always enjoyed reading your posts on your car and look forward to more in the future!

JOIN Mitsubishi tuners on FACEBOOK mainly for gulf coast Dsm owners but join the page and start posting need new recruits.

Don't worry, I'm not full of shit. They are off a 95 with twisties. I'm happy to see they are going on such a nice/respected car and can't wait to see the finished product! :thumb:

You are indeed not full of shit. Upon receiving them and checking them over they are stamped TSI. Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad to have them. And it was good doing business with you. You never know about CL sometimes. But this time turned out well.

I was un-aware that there was a difference in the OEM mudflaps. Can the OP or maybe the seller (^) confirm that you need to use 95-96 specific mudflaps with talon twisties? Thanks in advance and to the OP: keep up the great work, Ive always enjoyed reading your posts on your car and look forward to more in the future!

There is a difference in the front flaps. The rears will fit any 2G talon. But the ones with side skirts (i.e. 2Ga turbo models) the mounting area is shaped a little different and the holes for the clips/screws are set in farther because the skirt hangs off the body about an inch.

I don't think 97-98's came with mud flaps at all to be honest. The dealer brochure i have for 97 Talon shows all trim levels and none have flaps. But the n/t ones in 95-96 were stamped ESI and those would fit any 2G without side skirts. Turbo models were stamped TSI as shown in the pic below.

yjuryraz.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm ok, I guess I might be hunting for a set. I'm a 2gb GSX eclipse with oem mudflaps moving to twisties, I'll try and report back when it's time to mount them on wether or not 97 eclipse mudflaps fit with twisties.

Enough mudding up the thread though, I look forward to seeing more!

I cleaned up the flaps at work last night. They have some scratches and dings i'm going to take care of. But overall they're in pretty good shape.

Front
udahyne4.jpg

Rear
yzu6uva7.jpg

Those cleaned up pretty good dude, I look forward to install pics!

I started taking the scratches out of the flaps yesterday at work. The rears are done but the front ones are a little more beat up so i haven't finished them. But heres the rear ones.

Before
e4azu2ed.jpg

ajububyp.jpg

Sanded
nusyge5u.jpg

jegy5y7a.jpg

After
eqa4ezeq.jpg

As some of you may know, the spoiler on the Talon was the only part that looked bad on the entire car. So I took it off the car and brought it to school to refinish it. It was covered in orange peel, dirt nibs and hairs in the clear, and runs on the bottom side. When I took it off the car, I noticed the dumbasses who painted it, also used 3M double sided tape for trim panels between the deck lid and the spoiler. So it almost broke just getting it off the car! Here are the before and after pics.

515_zpsca6c9ad4.jpg

They didn't even take the backing off the 3M tape on one side.
516_zpsd65e7061.jpg

Shout of the orange peel.
517_zps1d437776.jpg

518_zpse0c49fb3.jpg

Sanded
519_zps70213574.jpg

520_zps0d8eae47.jpg

Primed
521_zpsdffabd4f.jpg

Painted
530_zpse58f42d0.jpg

529_zpsa58b0d16.jpg

Finished product (after wetsanding and buffing)
531_zpsd053ed94.jpg

533_zps50e6b79d.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back