The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Resolved Black top CAS to 1990 green top adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony Hornback

Supporting Member
Apr 20, 2020
Pekin, Illinois
Does anyone know how to wire the green top cas to my 92? My black top went out and I have two green spares. I want to tear apart my blacktop and make a pigtail harness so I dont have to chop my factory harness

Assuming you mean the 1990 version? Because, as documented below, there are two "green top" versions and the 1991-1992 version is a direct replacement for the 1993-1994 version:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So, the 1991-1994 schematic is:

With special focus on:

Then, referring to this: The 1990 Engine Control Wiring Harness - B32: CAS, you can see the wiring for the 1990 version and note the wire colors for the HARNESS match the wire colors in the above diagram. Wire colors aren't always so important as the function of the wires, but the colors make it easy to see that the function of the wires are the same on the 1990 and 1991-1994 engine control harnesses.

So, easiest approach to put a 1990 CAS in a 1991-1994 car is replace the rectangular connector on your 1991-1994 harness with a square male-end connector to mate with the 1990 CAS. If you ever need to go back to using a 1991-1994 CAS, a harness could be bought or built using a square female-end connector for the 1990 CAS, with a pigtail, and the rectangular male 1991-1994 CAS connector on the other end. Sheridan Engineering does offer this harness already. Check our vendors for like ExtremePSI, JNZTuning, etc., or go direct.

Assuming you mean the 1990 version? Because, as documented below, there are two "green top" versions and the 1991-1992 version is a direct replacement for the 1993-1994 version:

With special focus on:

Then, referring to this: The 1990 Engine Control Wiring Harness - B32: CAS, you can see the wiring for the 1990 version and note the wire colors for the HARNESS match the wire colors in the above diagram. Wire colors aren't always so important as the function of the wires, but the colors make it easy to see that the function of the wires are the same on the 1990 and 1991-1994 engine control harnesses.

So, easiest approach to put a 1990 CAS in a 1991-1994 car is replace the rectangular connector on your 1991-1994 harness with a square male-end connector to mate with the 1990 CAS. If you ever need to go back to using a 1991-1994 CAS, a harness could be bought or built using a square female-end connector for the 1990 CAS, with a pigtail, and the rectangular male 1991-1994 CAS connector on the other end. Sheridan Engineering does offer this harness already. Check our vendors for like ExtremePSI, JNZTuning, etc., or go direct.
thanks for all the great info, my connector kit will be here this weekend so I can keep my factory harness intact. Ill update with how it all works

With special focus on:

my green top is the 90 style with the different plug

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back