The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

black interior

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That site just looks like a lot of fabric cut to wrap all the old stuff, not the actual trim pieces.

If you want to wrap the parts, a 10 min trip to your local fabric store would result in the same look. My friend did this with his rear panels in his Spyder. They didn't make any black ones of those, so he wrapped them. It took a few tries to find a spray glue that would hold. Alas, I don't remember what he used, or if it's even still holding up now.

Now that you mention it, it does look that way. And if so, F that. Fitment would suck if you wrapped all of that. You probably wouldn't even be able to get your glove box open.

Try sourcing a 1999 gs OZ rally, Gsx gst or gs spyder (maybe talons came with black interior not sure) interior they came with black leather seats black power door panels. Pretty much, half what you need to complete the conversion.

For black carpet, try ebay or rockauto. Rockauto would be better choice, they are a vendor and once in awhile have a discount special (this would save a few dollars, not alot but worth it). Headliner, Mmm ebay for that.

Best optionis to buy one thing at time like others say black pieces are to come by.

You can get the center console arm rest from the Spyder model, if you cant find one find one. I found one cheap from a junkyard.

I'm doing the same thing also, my RS has black manual panels but Im converting to power. Found majority of my parts just waiting for job to call me back to work, get funds to pick them up.

Post up pics after finishing the black interior. All black is nicer than tan/black :p

If anyone local wants to trade me my black manual door panels for black power panels, please pm :sneaky:

Try sourcing a 1999 gs OZ rally, Gsx gst or gs spyder (maybe talons came with black interior not sure) interior they came with black leather seats black power door panels. Pretty much, half what you need to complete the conversion.

No Talons were made in 99. So none had black interior.

I've got the black/grey interior with black leather seats. I really like the look of the 2 colors together. Makes a nice clean OEM look. I don't think I'd paint the grey to make it 100% black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carbon is the choice im going to use so I can have an almost all black center console. To the OP I wound just check craigslist EVERYDAY=) I waited for a year and a half to find black interior. I got lucky one day and a guy was mad at his daughter for getting prego while still in high school and her spyder caught an engine fire a few days later so he parted the car out and i got all the black interior i could carry for 225.00!! I stripped that car for all that interior that i didnt even clean out the change that was left in the center console LOL I wish i had taken the motor also but i was a day late=( Good luck man hope you find what your looking for=)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back