The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

black cherry

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92talontsi

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 12, 2003
Fayetteville, North_Carolina
Does anyone happen to know the production number of 1g's that are black cherry.
I am picking up a 90 tsi awd that's black cherry. Hard to come by that color in my neck of the woods.

The hood needs to be repainted but the rest is tops. Is the paint available from the dealer or is this going to have to be custom mixed now?

i know a guy that has a black cherry one ill see if i can have him fin out... i personally love the color and rarely see it so if u got urs all back in top shape that would be awesome... ill keep ya mosted man

That would be cool, It's my favorite color on the 1g's as well.

Rare color. I personally have never seen one. Anyone that paints a Black Cherry DSM should shot. You could have just traded with someone that has a red one. Its not like every single 1st Gen TSI AWD I have ever seen in my entire life on the road wasn't red.

I have seen a few White and Black ones IRL but literally every single AWD Talon I have seen in person was red.

Rare color. I personally have never seen one. Anyone that paints a Black Cherry DSM should shot. You could have just traded with someone that has a red one. Its not like every single 1st Gen TSI AWD I have ever seen in my entire life on the road wasn't red.

I have seen a few White and Black ones IRL but literally every single AWD Talon I have seen in person was red.

The Car will be re-painted back to black cherry.

I remember seeing a thread somewhere on here that gave some color code for all the colors that DSM where made in.... If I find it I will post the link.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/appearance-interior-exterior/166242-paint-code-help-color-code-codes-paint-code.html

Here it is hope this helps

Thank so much for that link. If this info is correct then black cherry was only offered on 1990 model Talon's and not on the eclipse.

So it's rarer then I thought. I am going to do some digging and see what I have to do to get the paint. I bet it will have to be custom mixed. But Im glad you posted that link because now I atleast know the Color Code for black cherry.

Hmm after some more research It seems that either John Sheperds car was not an original Black cherry car or they offered black cherry in 91 as well.

Last edited:
is it just me or was 1992 talon's not on that list... ive had two black cherry 92's one with black leather(current)

is it just me or was 1992 talon's not on that list... ive had two black cherry 92's one with black leather(current)

Yea I dont see 92 talon's on there either.
So was 90 the only year they actually called it Black cherry?

I've never seen a black cherry dsm. I'd like too though if anyone has some pics.

I would love a few pics of your car. I am thinking of doing my car in black cherry. I am leaning towards silver though. My drive way is about 1mi long and dirt/gravel.

Yea I dont see 92 talon's on there either.
So was 90 the only year they actually called it Black cherry?

I don't know what's up with that list. I have a 91 Black Cherry Talon, built in 91. It would be nice to have color production numbers by year.

I would love a few pics of your car. I am thinking of doing my car in black cherry. I am leaning towards silver though. My drive way is about 1mi long and dirt/gravel.

I dont actually have the car yet, still have 3 more days to go and its killing me. Anyway here are a couple pics of black cherry cars. I just googled these so you could see what it looks like.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Are the 91 cars up called black cherry or did they change the name of the paint?

Here is a pic of the actual car that I am buying. Now you can see why I am asking about the paint so much ### shes gonna need some TLC in the paint department.

Oh Snap Black Cherry 2 tone. I wonder if thats OEM. I have seen a few of the red upper / silver lower.

I am not sure if it's OEM or not. John Sheperd's 91 is Cherry on Cherry

I bet the two tone is OEM. My old 91 was the popluar black over silver/grey and it looked exactly the same from what I can remember. That being said, DAMN black cherry is pure s3x! If you can get a nice gloss back on that one, White92, you'll be rolling in the cooter-pie! Huge fan of the black cherry!

Yeah the hood is really the only thing that needs to be repainted.
For some reason black cherry has been my favorite color for these car's But I actually never saw one in person. So when I ran across this one I had to buy it.

EVO III 16g
Full VRS 3" stainless Turbo back exhaust.
New tires.
car has 130K on it. Tranny shifts nice and smooth, Motor sounded great, pulled pretty good also.

All for less than 2000 dollars. I would have been a fool to pass it up.

Heres my car, I got it repainted with a different shade of black cherry, it was originally black cherry with the silver bottom, but didnt like it too much. Its a lil darker than the stock paint, looks black in this pic..LOL

Just another reason to resurrect the black cherry awd shell in the back 40

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back