The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECUflash Black Box ECU into '97 Spyder GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTX MATT

Probationary Member
May 7, 2013
Danbury, Connecticut
Is there anything tricky I need to worry about installing a 98/99 flash able black box into my '97 GST Spyder, or is it plug and play?

Just to be clear I'm installing so I can tune with ECUFlash. What exactly is the difference between "Ceddymods" and ECUFlash, are the terms technically one in the same or is Ceddymods with the patch for launch control and whatnot?

I've tuned with ECUFlash on Subies. I attempted once on a black box ECU Talon but the wiring harness was jacked up and I couldn't log with EVOScan so I never tuned that car.

Just to be clear I'm installing so I can tune with ECUFlash. What exactly is the difference between "Ceddymods" and ECUFlash, are the terms technically one in the same or is Ceddymods with the patch for launch control and whatnot?

I've tuned with ECUFlash on Subies. I attempted once on a black box ECU Talon but the wiring harness was jacked up and I couldn't log with EVOScan so I never tuned that car.
EcuFlash is a general-purpose ECU reflashing and editing tool for multiple vehicles including DSMs.

CeddyMods is DSM specific Code Modifications:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/ceddymod-v1-ecuflash.347070/

I'm pretty sure Ceddy no longer updates his mods though

I’m currently having issues with my 97 spyder gst and openport 2.0. The black box that I got with the openport has the plug soldered on the ecu that goes to the openport. Eliminating having to add the pin to the harness. My problem is the car will NOT stay running more than 3 sec with the blackbox. Actually have another black box and same thing. Car dies every time. My question is can I just use my ecu, eprom unit, add the pin to my harness and flash my ecu??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back