The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

bigger turbo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsm_adrian

Probationary Member
May 21, 2021
Salem, New_Hampshire
so a quick question my car is fully stock besides i guess a bov and a cold air intake and i have a fmic (not put in yet) but i want to go for a 16g turbo or like the evo3 turbo or whatever tbh but i was just wondering what modes like fuel injecters and other stuff would i need to make it possible. I want to make around maybe 300-350 or so horsepower (I'm pretty new to the dsm scene and i just want to know) I've seen a video of a guy putting a 16g in his gsx

Lots of people do what you do, use the search function for a better answer than mine.

From my experience with the 14b ( a smaller turbo from the 1g's), you'll need a fuel pump upgrade for sure. I went with a walbro 255. Injectors are a good idea for a 16g.
Something else that would be smart is to do a compression test on your motor to make sure the internals are strong enough to handle the boost of a 16g.
Oh, and install the FMIC or you'll heat-soak the turbo

Create a vehicle profile so we can see your BOV, intake and FMIC, and the condition of your car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people do what you do, use the search function for a better answer than mine.

From my experience with the 14b ( a smaller turbo from the 1g's), you'll need a fuel pump upgrade for sure. I went with a walbro 255. Not getting a fuel pump will cause fuel cut. Injectors are a good idea for a 16g as well for the same reason.
Something else that would be smart is to do a compression test on your motor to make sure the internals are strong enough to handle the boost of a 16g.
Oh, and install the FMIC or you'll heat-soak the turbo

Create a vehicle profile so we can see your BOV, intake and FMIC, and the condition of your car.
ok thank you ill do that but what about the injectors i've seen some on maperformance but they have different ones and im not really sure which one to get

ok thank you ill do that but what about the injectors i've seen some on maperformance but they have different ones and im not really sure which one to get
You can't simply add injectors. You need something to tune with. Please go back and read a little on the upgrade paths. There is much to learn. Fuel pump upgrade alone does NOT add performance nor does it solve any problem. It only adds needed capacity when you have added enough stuff to need it.

, Get the supporting mods for your car, then you can grow safely and save money versus buying all the time.

Terrible grammar, zero punctuation (well, actually one punctuation), zero use of the search function and/or tech articles which have been posted in the last 20 years...I don't send much to the Graveyard anymore, but this one needs it for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back