The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bigger injector side effects

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlyoneromeo

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2012
wappingers, New_York
Ok so my car is now running and my next hurdle is to find out why its smoking and possibly running rich. When i drive it on the highway it smokes when i come to a stop. Its not the typical oil or antifreeze smoke its a little te different. Anyhow today my mechanic tells me thag my injectors are too big and its dumping too much gas and smokand thats and thats why its bogging down and smoking. It has an afm aftermarket fuel rail and he said when he tried to put stock injectors in they wouldnt fit because the hole in the rail was too big.

So my questions are this. Could just putting bigger injectors flood my engine and make it bog down after a quick acceleration? Could it make the car blow smoke after a run on the highway coming in and out of boost? And could it trigger the fuel pressure solenoid p1105 code?

and yes before anyone asks i searched

Bigger as in physically bigger or bigger as in more flow? You can't bolt in higher flowing injectors without something to control them. The ECU doesn't know they are bigger and base the fuel to inject on the assumption of what they flow. Change that and you have to change what the computer is doing also. If they're just physically bigger/different then no. They won't change anything so long as electrically they are the same etc. Sounds like you need stock injectors and a stock rail.

Both above are right bigger Injectors =more flow and if your computer doesn't know its getting more its flooding out so either new tune with spring ecu + dsm/ecm link or really pricey tuneable ecu or back to stock ya know?

Eprom* not spring

look into an SAFC. I'm sure it would be fine to compensate for the injectors.

Would making the car run real rich because of the bigger injectors trigger the" fuel pressure solenoid up" code?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back