The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Big28 boost creeping???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97GSTAT

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 26, 2001
Wichita, Kansas
I have a friend that just install a Big28 on his car. Well he seems to be experincing boost creep, and he has a Evo O2 ported with a Apexi Dp, and no cat. Has anyone with a Big28 experinced boost creep with a Big28?

Same as larryd here, no boost creep so far. But.. I do get boost spike, because of my RRE manual boost controller.

Well I guess he's getting boost spike too, and he has the Apexi EBC. I'm still waiting to see how this problem works out before I make my finaly decesion on turbo.

Originally posted by Boosted97GS-T
what is the normal spike that everyone is getting?
Since I have my boost set at 18psi mine will spike to around 20 to 21psi for a quick second then drop down to 18psi.

well.. I was spiking to 30lbs.. I had the balance knob on my profeb B set the wrong way.. it would spike to 2 bar and then drop off to 1.5 bar in a matter of less than 2 seconds :)

i finally got my spike problem resolved, and i think since i was getting such a large amount of spike it must have been pulling timing because now that i have it set at 17psi, it pulls so much harder

Originally posted by Boosted97GS-T
i finally got my spike problem resolved, and i think since i was getting such a large amount of spike it must have been pulling timing because now that i have it set at 17psi, it pulls so much harder
That's cool man, what did you do to get rid of the problem? Thanks!!

Originally posted by ProjectGSX
I have never had boost spikes with my Big 28.
I'm pretty sure mine spikes because of my RRE manual boost controller. I'm not really to worried about it though, as long as I don't see any boost creep.

i just tapped into the bov line and also took my joe p apart and put it back together. it still spikes to 19psi but settles down at 17psi. i think i need a new boost controller

Anyone useing the Extreme MBC? Supposed to guareente no boost spike.

Originally posted by Moorepwr
Anyone useing the Extreme MBC? Supposed to guareente no boost spike.

I had an Extreme MBC, worked just like any other MBC.

Low-RPM boost spike is a GOOD thing, IMHO. At least for AWD cars. Gets you going better. Your not flowing enough air at low RPM to hurt anything, anyway.

With my FP T28/28 set to 17psi, it spikes like 2 or 3 psi above that before settling down quickly. I'm using a Dejon dual MBC. Which works just like the Extreme MBC did, that is, perfectly well.

-Brent
'96 Talon AWD

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back