The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

big t28

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisdsm

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 18, 2004
so cal, California
Ok question is, how do you tell a bigt28 from a t25? and how would you know if the turbo is blown or not? Im asking because I'm about to buy a bigt28 from an owner and need those questions answered. He told me it's been only used for 4000 miles, no shaft play at all, basically brand new. I just need those questions above answered. Thanks!

And here is a picture of the turbo.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If it's a forced performance big28 then there should be the fp symbol stamped on the exhaust housing where it bolts up to the exhaust manifold. Also, the inlet on the turbo is bored out and the inlet on the exhaust housing is larger.

yes its an fp 28 I'll be looking for that thanks! Do you know the 2nd part of my question as to whether or not you can tell if the turbo's blown? Thanks!

thisdsm said:
yes its an fp 28 I'll be looking for that thanks! Do you know the 2nd part of my question as to whether or not you can tell if the turbo's blown? Thanks!
See if the wheel spins freely.

What I mean by that is take your finger and put it on the wheel and spin it. Does it give you any problems? Does it spin fine? Does it scrape the walls? Other than that you can look over it realllllly well for small cracks (stress cracks) or anything like that and it can tell you itself from looking at it if it was drove/pushed hard.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check the turbo carefully. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back