The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Big T28 dyno sheets

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I made right about 250awhp on a Dynodynamics dyno. That was at about 18psi on 110. Since that(last spring), I changed a few more things on my car and I'm thinking I might be getting closer to the 300 mark. Hopfully, I should have some real proof of what I'm making after the 21st. I'm also hoping for a 11sec pass somtime this summer.

That was at about 18psi on 110.

Wow, you couldn't run like 20psi on pump 93?

I'm thinking I might be getting closer to the 300 mark. Hopfully, I should have some real proof of what I'm making after the 21st. I'm also hoping for a 11sec pass somtime this summer.

a 11 second pass with almost 300 hp in a 2G? enlighten me please...

Wow, you couldn't run like 20psi on pump 93?
a 11 second pass with almost 300 hp in a 2G? enlighten me please...

The most I run on pump gas only is only 18psi. At 20 I get far too much knock with the amount of timing I'm running. I could drop the timing and simply run more boost but I'm not really too concerned about it. As for the 11's with 300hp... I dont know what to tell you. When I did my 12.2 last summer it was on some crap 110(more like 107) octane with a little methanol injection and 21psi. I just upgraded the cams and some arp head studs so I'm thinking better gas(C16), more boost, more timing and I should be pretty close. I do know the dyno I was on tends to read low when compared to others. That being said, it is very difficult to really compare dyno numbers and have any consistency between individual dyno's.

What is the fastest anyone has actually gone with the T28? The best I've seen without N2O is the 11.87 which Forced Performance did. My goal is to beat that...

Good luck, seems like fighting a forest fire with a garden hose to me though.

Good luck, seems like fighting a forest fire with a garden hose to me though.

I agree 100%. But at least it gives me somthing todo. I'll be really happy if if I can simply get an 11 sec pass in on it. Shouldn't be too far off though, only .2 of a second.

:thumb:

I like the way you think. My goal (also) is to beat the time listed on their site. The trick will not be squeezing power, so much as driving like a f-ing beast. Speaking with Amber, it seems there wasn't THAT much done to that car. I'm more than 300lbs lighter, and will be another 100lbs lighter by the summer. EDIT: Not me personally, the car. I hope to be another 5-10lbs heavier by the summer.

I just want to beat that record so they'll put my name on their page... ;)

That, and as said, it gives you something to do. Could I just buy a bigger turbo and do it on my current build?, yeah, my car is ready for it... but this way, I can really test MY abilities to tune, get creative, and drive. I'd also like to beat the current record (that I know of) for HP and torque on this turbo. Farnorthracing: 348.4whp 376.4wtq.

Anyone got a link to stats on that FP car? It had to have been a gutted 1G to pull those numbers out of a t28 with around 350 whp. Simply can't move a full weight 2G like that with only that much power. All about power/weight after all.

Here's my dyno sheet (Mustang Dyno)

AGP T28: 237awhp 208awtq @ 14psi (stock fuel system, basic tune via SAFC)

Attachments

• l_c83f97233fcf18417fed4bd86ba7daafsmall.jpg
    l_c83f97233fcf18417fed4bd86ba7daafsmall.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 389
ARP head studs are a good idea on a highly modified 2g. I was pushing coolant for quite a while until I swapped head studs. Didn't think I was making that much power but 2g's have pretty crappy stock head studs.

I don't see your off the shelf T28 trapping 119 mph, with a full weight 2g. For a 3320 lb car with driver for instance, that would take around 440 h.p. according to the 1/4 mile speed calculator. I see that turbo cranking out 40 lb/min tops with a wizard tuning it, or 400 h.p. or so. But somehow FP managed to do it.

Hey guys,

Last season I was able to take the Big28 to a 12.553 @ 109.06 on 110 leaded race fuel. I put in Brian Crower 272s for this season, and have not picked up any mph. The best so far this season has been a 12.424 @ 109.47 which is attributable to a better 60'. It seems this turbo is about done. With the cams it won't produce anymore than 20-21 psi with a 26 psi spike.

I may try C16 and a more aggressive tune--Leaner AFR and make use of the timing.

This car is a full weight automatic tuning with a MAFT and dsmchips stage 3 eprom.

Just thought I'd share my Big28 experience.

Last season I was able to take the Big28 to a 12.553 @ 109.06 on 110 leaded race fuel. I put in Brian Crower 272s for this season, and have not picked up any mph. The best so far this season has been a 12.424 @ 109.47 which is attributable to a better 60'. It seems this turbo is about done. With the cams it won't produce anymore than 20-21 psi with a 26 psi spike.

I may try C16 and a more aggressive tune--Leaner AFR and make use of the timing.

This car is a full weight automatic tuning with a MAFT and dsmchips stage 3 eprom.

Just thought I'd share my Big28 experience.

Not bad, I just installed some comp cams and I'm waiting to get to the track again. Last fall I ran 12.2 @109 so I'm hoping I can get a little more outta it. Just made 274.7awhp with pump gas and some alchy on Sat. Hopfully with some better gas I should be able to pick up a little more yet. But, my turbo is hitting 23psi at about 3500rpm then falling off from there to 19psi at 6500. Think I'm finding the limits of this thing...

Not bad, I just installed some comp cams and I'm waiting to get to the track again. Last fall I ran 12.2 @109 so I'm hoping I can get a little more outta it. Just made 274.7awhp with pump gas and some alchy on Sat. Hopfully with some better gas I should be able to pick up a little more yet. But, my turbo is hitting 23psi at about 3500rpm then falling off from there to 19psi at 6500. Think I'm finding the limits of this thing...

Good pass. What was your 6o'? Mine was a 1.6x on the 12.4 run.

Come back and let us know how the turbo holds up once you get the cams in--whether or not you pick up some power or mph at the track. I was very disappointed to not see any power gains from the addition of cams.

Im also wondering if adding cams with my AGP T28 would be a good idea. The thing is Im able to get a pretty good deal for cams so I want to grab them ($500 for HKS 272/272s with cam gears). Im getting graduation money soon and Im going to do a timing belt and water pump job with the money, so I figured I might as well throw in these cams as well. Think its a good idea? Mods in my profile.

I used to have an AGP T28, 17psi actuator, and got BC 272 cams. I saw maybe a tiny bit of improvement to top end but not much. The turbo just doesn't flow enough at the high rpms where cams pay their dividends. Good news is that the low end loss wasn't very noticeable. Idles like stock with dsmlink. Great gains on a 50 trim though!

redyno'd my car 2 days ago.

269.3awhp @ 17psi on STOCK 450's

WAIT till i get the Evo 560's back in there.

Im also wondering if adding cams with my AGP T28 would be a good idea. The thing is Im able to get a pretty good deal for cams so I want to grab them ($500 for HKS 272/272s with cam gears). Im getting graduation money soon and Im going to do a timing belt and water pump job with the money, so I figured I might as well throw in these cams as well. Think its a good idea? Mods in my profile.

Yes cams are worth every damned penny. They give "consistent" power. Instead of one big whack of torque and then a tapering off, the torque hits and keeps you planted in the seat until redline. Its that big of a difference even on a T28. I logged a peak increase of 2.5 lb/min on HKS 264's, but the midrange torque increase was noticeable. That combined with a lighter flyweel and the rpms in 1st and 2nd gear fly by like a blur.

Well, at the track on my pump gas tune: I went 12.9@108. I was happy for breaking into the 12's on pump gas but it was a slow 1.868 60'. Super slippery all night and that was the best 60 I had spinning all through first. My previous best was a 13.0@100 on pump gas so it looks like the big improvment is on the top end with a gain of 8 mph. I plan on doing some more track some within the next month and break out some C16 and see if I can do better than my 12.2 on race gas tune.

Well, at the track on my pump gas tune: I went 12.9@108. I was happy for breaking into the 12's on pump gas but it was a slow 1.868 60'. Super slippery all night and that was the best 60 I had spinning all through first. My previous best was a 13.0@100 on pump gas so it looks like the big improvment is on the top end with a gain of 8 mph. I plan on doing some more track some within the next month and break out some C16 and see if I can do better than my 12.2 on race gas tune.

That's an impressive gain in mph on pump with just the addition of cams. You're using methanol injection, correct?

What size injectors is everyone using? I can't seem to get a decent pump tune, and I'm curious to know if my EVO 560cc injectors are holding me back.

I was reviewing my datalogs last night. I've run 2 different setups on my T28. One was with an HKS VPC, DSMLink, MAF removed. This setup maxes at about 320-350 wheel lb*ft of torque (DSMLink calculated) depending on weather conditions based on DSMlinks h.p. calculation. The other setup is with DSMLink & stock 2g MAF. This setup maxes at 300-310 lb*ft of wheel torque (35-36 lb/min airflow). Both setups run about 20 psi.

VPC/DSMLink/maf remove setup my 60-90 times are about 3.5-3.6 seconds. With DSMLink/2G maf the 60-90 mph times average around 3.9 s. These runs were done on moderate boost levels of around 20 psi.

I believe part of the gains are from the VPC leaning the hell out of the motor, part is the big reduction in pressure loss in front of the compressor inlet. I think the MAFT guys flow benched a 2g maf and it dropped 1 psi at 500 cfm.

Far North racing dynoed that 350+ w.h.p. run using speed density and ditching the MAF, same as what I've done. I'm gonna say based on what I've seen ditching the MAF and going speed density makes a pretty big difference in power.

I will be installing my t28 this Wk with 560cc evo and 255lph wally. Gna tune for 20psi and hope it stays together. Will report back numbers.

I've scene 700ho capable setups going 14s because of low boost/bad tuning. They just keep throwing money into a car. Aside from the driver most people will not pay to have a car tuned the right way-couple hundred dollars at a min. You don't just tune it one time it's a process.

I've scene 700ho capable setups going 14s because of low boost/bad tuning. They just keep throwing money into a car. Aside from the driver most people will not pay to have a car tuned the right way-couple hundred dollars at a min. You don't just tune it one time it's a process.

You can also bring it to a professional to tune it on a dyno. They spend a few hours dialing in your car and does wonders. I take mine to get retuned or "touched up" every spring and sometime during the summer if I feel like something is messed up or I want more.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back