The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Big T-28 Garret with stock Ecu, no Tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianEclipseAuto

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2018
Roskilde, Europe
Hi DSM'er

My T-25 is done :(
I am not able to use a 16g or a 14b do to rules in our Country. (I already have the 14B with the J-pipe kit to smic on the shelf with all supporting lines).

So I am in need of a new turbo. And I have found the Big T-28 Turbo from Turbokits.com, which looks just like the one I have installed, exept for it is an upgrade turbo. (so simular in looks, but will get me through inspection)

My question:
Will I be able to install this and run it without a tune. (Plug and play) ?

For info: Current mods (Japanese ECU Non Eprom, injen intake pipe, walbro 255, stock injector, Catback magnaflow exhaust, installing af fuelpressureregulator soon when it arrives)

Looking for some sharp answers :D

The dsm T-25 has a different turbine housing and bolt flange than the full Garret T-25. You would need to verify that it has the proper turbine housing. If you just need to pass a visusl inspection, call or email https://forcedperformance.shop/ because they specialize in that kind of stuff.

Tune should remain ok since the car is mass airflow. However you would be much closer to fuel cut at the same boost pressure which may be a concern.

The dsm T-25 has a different turbine housing and bolt flange than the full Garret T-25. You would need to verify that it has the proper turbine housing. If you just need to pass a visusl inspection, call or email https://forcedperformance.shop/ because they specialize in that kind of stuff.

Tune should remain ok since the car is mass airflow. However you would be much closer to fuel cut at the same boost pressure which may be a concern.
Hey, thanks so much for that info. I am not an expert on these cars. But does know a little bit. hehe

I need to change the turbo and I think this a good "upgrade/replacement" to keep the stock look and thinks at stock as it can be because of the rules we have.
I will get at tune down the Line with my Black box ecu. But with a tune theres is an ekstra tax to be paid (5-8.000$) Yes that expensive :D
So for now I just want it to run with a turbo on it that works :D the engine just got completely build with everything. (new pistons(stock), rods(stock), crank (new), mashined and build head, acl race bearings ect)
So that is the reason why I dont want to run with a bad turbo. The original T-25 is not easy to find eather. So that is why I am asking on this one :)

Okay do you have an example of this bolt pattern? And here to look ?

It'll look just like this.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The 2nd picture is the DSM Style hotside. If it doesn't look like this, walk away. It's a Garrett T25 which looks totally different. Like this.

And this is the garrett T25 hotside/flange. It's top left.

It'll look just like this.

The 2nd picture is the DSM Style hotside. If it doesn't look like this, walk away. It's a Garrett T25 which looks totally different. Like this.

And this is the garrett T25 hotside/flange. It's top left.

This is the one 🙂

100% not a turbo expert, but that looks like a TD04HL compressor cover. Maybe @JusMX141 can chime in and identify it for you, but either way it's not the stock compressor cover. So if you're gonna go with something not-stock for the 2G DSM, might as well throw on your 14B.

100% not a turbo expert, but that looks like a TD04HL compressor cover. Maybe @JusMX141 can chime in and identify it for you, but either way it's not the stock compressor cover. So if you're gonna go with something not-stock for the 2G DSM, might as well throw on your 14B.
He says it is the FPbig T-28 turbo. I cant not put the 14b on it since the inspection people al ready seen the car and the turbo 😟 i Will try get him to send more pictures

I have now seached for the turbo you mentioned. And you are right. That is not the FP T-28 Turbo. That is a TD04 I and can not use that either. :( Bummer. Thanks for your great info, i really apreciate that

What people call a "Big T28" was never a T28 at all...it was a Garrett TB2578, the factory-intended "upgrade" for the TB2566 which came on 2G's. It just so happens that the TB2578 uses a 47.2/60mm 62-trim GT2860 compressor, so some folks call it a T28 for simplicity I suppose.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back