1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Big Hello from Portugal

Posted by DSMNewGuy, Feb 3, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. DSMNewGuy

DSMNewGuy Probationary Member

Joined Jul 25, 2018
    Lisbon, Europe
    TLDR - I'm from Portugal and you guessed it: I own a DSM. Have my struggles and just want to get through them and also get welcomed in this so new community for me.

Hi guys, Mike here. Since I had my drivers licence that I've wanted to own a 2g Eclipse GSX and honestly after doing some research on the cars and even going into the 1g versions I confess that I like the cars so much I wouldn't mind to own several of them. Unfortunately I can't find any GSX model in Portugal and even if I did I honestly don't think I would be able to afford to buy one, let alone import one. That said, even though it'll still be my dream to own one, one day, I bought myself a 2G Eclipse GS that came with 2 engines completely unassembled and with both screwed crankshafts (check profile for a bit more backstory on this).
    As a new guy to the DSM world and also a freshman in the car scene I've been struggling but it hasn't stopped me yet and so that is why I came here to be able to learn with you guys and even with my little knowledge help anyone that I can.
    Will be posting some thread(s) with my doubts soon and even though I'll look up to see if has been explained already I'm sure I'm none the wiser and will make my fair share of mistakes myself.
    Cheers to all!

94  11

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Ludachris likes this.

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Welcome, are your crankshafts salvageable at all?

Drag Race Build 1K  13

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. DSMNewGuy

Joined Jul 25, 2018
    Lisbon, Europe
    Thank you matt.
    One of them seems to be, the other one looks really bad. Although give me a day because I'm going to upload pics and more details when I create my build threat to keep all you guys up to speed with the progress.

94  11

fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. Issues

Issues Probationary Member

Joined Oct 28, 2018
    Hungary, Europe
    Hello from Europe :rocks::dsm: Have fun with the car.

"Unfortunately I can't find any GSX model"

I can relate, story is under my profile. :p

Street Build 181  2

fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  5. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    Welcome Mike!

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  6. DSMNewGuy

Joined Jul 25, 2018
    Lisbon, Europe
    Thank you Issues, Ludachris.
    Will be posting some more details about the build/recovery project so far later tonight, hopefully you guys can check it out and shed some light to me.

And for real I can’t find any European GSX good lord help me if someday I’ll save enough to import one

94  11

fwd · manual · 2G DSM