The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Beyond Pissed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PurpSalad

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2010
Orlando, Florida
READ THE LAST POSTS ABOUT CLUTCH ISSUE

Alright so i bought my 1g a little over a week ago.

it had a few problems which i knew of and was fine and ready to deal with. minor things.

but i swear to god everytime i fix something theres something new ####ed up. Worst luck ever. It started with the clutch line havin a leak right at the elbow. pain in the asss part to find. when i finally find it, replaced it, havent bled it yet, i remembered about the oil leak it had at the filter(the seal was messed up and it was leaking drops) so i replace that. get in my car to start her up to see if its still leaking. and none of the lights even turned on. im like WTF. get out, pop the hood, check out my battery. i see this:

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/6t30684000p

yea WTF. changing the old battery out and droppin in the new one i noticed that old one was droppin hella acid. and i think it must have eaten away that cable. its ridiculous. probably an easy fix but how do i do that? heard i can strip her up and cut the corrosed part and tried to reconnect it?

Last edited:
well i replaced everything. master slave and line. i quit LOL im getting a mechanic to come over and tell me WTF is wrong with it. noone that has seen is seems to know.

Seems like a reasonable move at this point. Just make sure its someone you trust and who knows what they are doing.

You think you have it bad?? I bought mine a month ago already had to change: alternator, DS cv shaft, clutch, battery, oil pan gasket, and now the transfer case is shot!!

To the OP, in a previous post of yours, you said the radio is going on and off...there is a short in the(more than likely) hack job wiring when they installed it. That could possibly be what is draining your battery.

Kyle

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back