The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

better headlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannagofaster

Probationary Member
Feb 19, 2007
Blakesburg, Iowa
I've got a 96 GST with after market headlights and they suck just as much as the stock ones. They look better but I was hoping to have brighter dims. Does anyone know how to get your lights so you can actually see at night?? I drive around with my brights on all the time, I need another option. Any suggestions??

Id try different bulbs, silverstar work very well. Other than that, a lot of people say that stock headlights are brighter than aftermarket, and unless you want to go stock, the only other option is HID retro, or drop-in HID kits off of ebay which most people disagree with.

The aim of the headlights might be off. You can check it and adjust it yourself. Chilton's and Haynes manuals both describe how to do it (look for "Aiming Headlights"). You need a flat surface to park car on, a wall 25 feet in front of car, a Phillip's screwdriver (large head--#3), measuring tape, and a marker to mark the wall. If you don't have access to the manuals let me know and I can give you the steps and measurments you need.

Also make sure the headlight covers/lenses have not become opaque from exposure (naturally tends to happen with time). If they are not clear they can be polished with headlight polishing kits that auto stores carry (even Walmart should have them) or you can do a search as some guys have gotten good results with wet sanding them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back