The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Better cooling system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schemauer

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 5, 2006
De Pere, Wisconsin
Take a look at Evanscooling.com. Does anyone have any experience with this cooling system? This would seem to be the trick for our DSM's which always seem to be on the verge of overheating.

Never heard of them or what they're selling. They don't seem to make the pump and such for our cars though either.

I've looked into them as far as the website, thinking about sending them a waterpump core to asses. They're coolant is also interesting, 500*F boiling point? Sweet.

A friend had them install an impeller on his water pump (not a 4g63), as it was one that they don't list, and they were happy to do so, which gives me hope. Couldn't hurt to ask, I'm just awfully busy these days or I'd call 'em.

We ran Evans and noticed about a 5-degree reduction with 120-degree track temps...

I'm using Evans and I'm thrilled with it. No more boiling over when I pull in the pits!
I'm still running warm though, anybody have any pics of FMIC ducting arrangements for road racing 1Gs?

I was thinking that the biggest advantage with the Evans is the (supposed) lack of system pressure. No more blowing coolant lines or worrying about what radiator cap to use.

Did the Evens develop any system pressure?

I talked with David Wolin who raced these cars back in the 90's and he really didn't seem to think there was much advantage to the Evans system. He ran it because they sponsored him.

I'm using Evans and I'm thrilled with it. No more boiling over when I pull in the pits!
I'm still running warm though, anybody have any pics of FMIC ducting arrangements for road racing 1Gs?
I haven't come up with any special ducting but I leave my center grill out now all the time to help get more air directly to the radiator without having to pass through the FMIC. I also have worked my FMIC all the way back to radiator support sheet metal so there's no real gap that will allow air to escape between the FMIC and the radiator.

I'm always interested to see what others have done too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back