The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

best way to work a 2g engine, swap, rebuild, or what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephroth57

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2002
Barnegat, New_Jersey
what are your guys opinions on working a 2g engine. my car is always having random problems and im sick of it i just want the engine rebuilt so my car is like new, i have a brand new tranny/clutch/flywheel, might as well make the engine rebuilt/new. everyone says dont built a 7 bolt, but if its built up wont that make it not crankwalk? or do worked 7 bolts still walk anyway? if i do rebuilt the 7 bolt what pistons/rods should i use and should i get balance shafts removed? or should i have a 6 bolt swapped in, and same thing, should i upgrade or just swap in a stock rebuild motor.

also any kind of general pricing would help, like this option will cost this much but youre not getting this benefit, etc. also note a shop would be doing this, i dont have the tools or knowhow to swap an entire engine

edit: if i got a rebuild, what about buying a motor already out of a car, have that built, and then have it swapped in for minimal downtime?

if your that rich why don't you buy a used porsche or ferrari, if you are going to pay someone to do it

just remember a true dsm is a 6-bolt. thats why my car has nothing but dsm stickers in every door jam and nook and cranny possible. plus dsm made the 6 bolt. the newer eclipes have mitsu stickers every where

x camaro owner said:
just remember a true dsm is a 6-bolt. thats why my car has nothing but dsm stickers in every door jam and nook and cranny possible. plus dsm made the 6 bolt. the newer eclipes have mitsu stickers every where

im biting my lip so hard its going to bleed.

youre going to get flamed from everyone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back