The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

best way to lower convertible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitRous242

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 4, 2002
Ft._Myers_FL
ok whats the diff between convertible and gst shocks? and the rest of the lowering process.

i want a mad low ride, like 3" so im thinking koni yellows or w/e i can afford/find, and coilovers. now do they make them specifically for the convertible, or can i just get ones for eclispse in general?

They must be spefically for a convertable and there was just a thread on this where I receommended custom Ground Controls and someone else metioned Eibach ERS Coilovers. So look into those options first but be prepared to spend good money on a good suspension.

Later,

YO

i've gotta a pder and i ran into the same problem first off theres a little you gotta know convertibles. ONly one company makes spings for them, eibach has a pro kit for the spyder GS NOT THE GST. thats the only spring for the convertible eclipse. i got the eibach pro kit and i hate it! it didnt even lower the car it still looks stock next problem is i have a gst and the wieght is diffrent so now the back is sagging.
But the thing most spring companies wont tell you is that other springs fit the spyder's, there just not designed for the spyder because of weight distribution. but they fit if you want a extreme drop and dont mind kickin out the money go for a custom set up like the custom ground controls or the eibach ers system. but if you want a good drop for a little less go with H& R race spings, their a 2.00 and 1.75 you need the staggered setup because the back WILL sag. Then run a good shock beacue those springs are stiff, extremely stiff. definetly an ajustable shock KYB's Koni's or Tockico's. however next you'll runinto camber problems, and theres two ways to fix that cambeer kit or homemade kit:)
look yo i know this is alot of information but TRUST ME i've already made the mistakes for you and now i'm paying for it!! just trying to help anotha spyder out!

thx man, what about coil over? b/c my frined had a mad low spyder

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back