The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Best way to line up a 1g throttle body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is what he's talking about. The holes in a 1G throttle body are larger like 10mm:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Where the 2G TB is closer to just over 8mm like you guys are saying:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its not much but allows for a little play. The point is for the OP though and I said it in my original post that this little extra play is not enough to cause a vacuum leak. Your problem is caused by something else

It was running fine before. I have a second throttle Bodie and the holes are the same size. PLEASE READ #4

I did buy another TB. the holes are the same size.

People are confused because noone has read the posts above. POST 4.. That guy explained why it's has some play..
If people read other comments they wouldn't be confused with what I'm talking about.
Post number 4 is from a guy with a 2g. If you are using a 1g manifold and a 1g throttle body there is nothing to line up. You just bolt it on. Your profile says you are 1g. What do you have? Car? Manifold? Throttle body?
Pictures? We can help you fix it if we know why you're having a problem.

Post number 4 is from a guy with a 2g. If you are using a 1g manifold and a 1g throttle body there is nothing to line up. You just bolt it on. Your profile says you are 1g. What do you have? Car? Manifold? Throttle body?
Pictures? We can help you fix it if we know why you're having a problem.

Ah so the bolts in the 6 bolt intake manifold are larger than 8mm? I take it thats the reason for the holes in the 1g TB being larger in the first place.

Should have realized that when I posted

Problem is you don't know if anything was modified or not. Let's assume that it is. Why don't you wrap a little electrical tape around the bolts where it goes through the throttle body. It isn't a sealing surface inside the holes. Just enough to take up the slack and not be loose.

The bolts don't bottom out.. the tighten down good. It's just the TB could be to much to the left and leak a little boost. Or to much to the right and leak.. or to far to the top and leak. Or to far to the bottom and leak.. and I have another throttle body. The holes are the exact same size.

The bolts don't bottom out.. the tighten down good. It's just the TB could be to much to the left and leak a little boost. Or to much to the right and leak.. or to far to the top and leak. Or to far to the bottom and leak.. and I have another throttle body. The holes are the exact same size.
Wrap the bolts with a little electrical tape to center them.

I have run a 1G throttle body in my car for 10+ years and have never had an issue with it being off center or leaking because the bolt holes are larger. I ask for pictures of your car to see if something is wrong/modified that you may be over looking. You have multiple people asking you to do the same thing (post a picture) but you have yet to do just that. There comes a time where the responses stop as poeple don't like to hit their head on a wall repeatedly. So please post a picture of the TB hanging on the studs or the alignment with the TB sitting on the bolts so we can try to help. I swear if you say to read post #4 again...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back