The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

best tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyncaus

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
what do you guys think the best tires outta these would be?

Kumho ecsta supra 712
Yokohama avs es100
pirelli p6000 sport veloce

or if anyone knows any better ones for under a hundred a piece.

thanks

I purchased the Kuhmo Supra 712s from the Tire Rack.

Very inexpensive tire @ $71 each. My impressions so far:

- very nice grip. Seems to stick forever in the dry. Has good grip when wet too: I never felt any little slides or other funny traction activity. I know these aren't winter tires, but I am curious what will happen on California freeways that might get a little snow and ice on them.

- they have a pretty mean looking tread!

- I thought these tires would whine like a spoiled kid, but no, not the case at all. In fact I hear less noise than before (Bridgestone RE 92s) - I would rate them pretty close, noisewise, as to a touring tire.

- They do seem to tramline, that is, follow rain grooves, bumps, etc. that are on the road. Its not serious at all - in fact I kinda like this as it tells me what is happening on the road. It does make the steering feel a little loose, however. I may play around with some toe settings in the near future and see if things change.

In sum though, these are very nice tires....I'd buy them again.

Kyle

thanks guys, i went ahead and got the kuhmo's....so far i like em a lot....handling is a lot better...i would slide all over the place im my olds tires, but of course they were bald...anyways, gonna see how i like em in the rain, they look real nice though

khumo's suck badly. i went through a pair of those and they couldn't grip under hard driving. i use toyo proxiews t1-s and they grip a lot better than khumo's. tha prox cost 170 each for 245-40-17. which is what i use.

BFG KD no doubt the best "summer" tire out there, check out last months Grassroots Motorsports for a full tire comparo

I am a HUGE fan of the falken azenis, My cousin has some on her rx-7, and they are AWESOME

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back