The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Best tires for my new EvoX Rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VETTE_50_TH

Banned Member
Jun 24, 2004
Columbus, Ohio
Hey guys,

I just purchased some new EvoX rims which are bronze powdercoated. I will post pics soon when i get them. But what are some good tires for them. The rim if you dont know, is a 18x8.5 with 38mm spacing. These are very nice rims, and i was looking to run a 245 or 255. What brand, what size, and what not should i go with. I want a decent pair, but nothing too expensive. Let me know guys.

James :laser::talon:

Personally I'd go with either Kumhos or Sumitomos. Kumhos have some nice summer tires but Sumitomos have all seasons. Dunno which you would prefer. Provide pics once you have them mounted James.

Personally I'd go with either Kumhos or Sumitomos. Kumhos have some nice summer tires but Sumitomos have all seasons. Dunno which you would prefer. Provide pics once you have them mounted James.

Kuhmo has nice all seasons two. A lot of evo guys (myself included) run the kumho ecsta asx's year round. Plenty of grip for the street IMO and good in the snow too. Either way OP, you're not going to be able to go two cheap when you're dealing with an 18x8.5 wheel

I don't know what you really consider expensive or what size is really going to work for you, but I'm going to give Dunlop Direzza Z1's a try this summer;
Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec

Oh sh!t!
I looked at the prices for an 18 inch rim... never mind. :rolleyes:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned falken tires... They are good tires and relatively cheap, such as the fk452's. Also nexen 3000's aren't too bad of a tire either for daily use.

Couldn't find any 18's in all season Kumhos on tirerack for some reason.

oh well then, nevermind. I didn't check to see if they actually had in the size he needed :D

So, I saw the sumitumo tires. And they are very nice, and cheap.

Those are nice tires. I will def. have to take a look at those.

Those are nice tires. I will def. have to take a look at those.

They're great tires but don't even think about driving with them in heavy rain or god forbid snow. You'll end up point the wrong way so fast you won't know what hit you.

They're great tires but don't even think about driving with them in heavy rain or god forbid snow. You'll end up point the wrong way so fast you won't know what hit you.

Hmm. Thats true. I have heard the KDW 2 are decent in rain, and snow/ice not so much. Any comments? Is there such a thing as a sticky all season?

Nope. Not yet. I am going to Ohio this upcoming Wed, and i will take some photos and post up what they look like. I want be putting on any tires, but i will show ya what they look like at least. Gonna be sik imho. :thumb::hellyeah:

So, I saw the sumitumo tires. And they are very nice, and cheap.

The tire shop I work for puts all Sumitumo tires on all our dump trucks.

they hold up well running over rebarb, chunks of concrete, riced out dsm, Well anything I want to run over.

I prefer Yokes! I have them on my car they suck in the snow but the car saw snow once.

Updates?

Have you test-fit them?

Thanks.

I tried them for him tonight. Waaaaay too big. They are going to need spacers for the rear. I haven't tried the front yet. Not going to bother until we figure out the rear. The splash shield for the filler neck was off, and they touch the front of the control arm. Plus they stick out about an half inch w/o tires.:ohdamn: I'll have pics up tomorrow. It's okay James. They'll fit the 2G.

I run Nankang 235/40R18 on my 1G and cut 1.703 60' on them, they got to be cheap as hell, I paid less than 1 grand for wheels and tire's :thumb:

I love my Bridgestone's. I have G019's on my DSM, RE960AS Pole Positions on my g/f's Camaro and have used the RE050A Pole Positions, RE-01R's, RE750 and RE760's and love them. They ride so awesome, great traction and good mileage.

Bridgestone Potenza where the only rubber that touched my old Trans-AM, great traction but I was replacing them every 10k miles though.

A 2g is much different than a 1g. I will make them work!

Edgeracing went out of business. I'd use Falken or Sumitumo..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back