The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

best temporary option 14b or 20g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacn91

Proven Member
Sep 23, 2013
dallas, Texas
im kind of in a predicament. i keep managing to buy things that i cant/wont use.(learning curve) my latest purchase being a hahn 20g with what was supposed to be a 7cm turbine housing. As it turns out, the turbine housing is actually a ported 6cm housing. :toobad: Ill need to buy a larger turbine housing. Not too thrilled about running the 6cm on a 20g. At this point i have purchased a 14b or a 20g that i can have rebuilt. I bought some 550cc injectors to use with the increased boost. i will upgrade the fuel pump soon. i do have some 1000cc injectors and a 2g MAS that i bought for the 20g combo. however, i do not plan on running these until i get a tuning device..... anyway, i was thinking that i could shoot for about 18lbs on the 14b or about 10-15lbs on the 20g. Of course, this is only until i get the rest of the supporting mods and tuning eqpt.

Ive been doing a lot of reading/searching. I have a good idea as to what i should do, but i just wanted to get some opinions on making the best of this. Thanks in advance

ok. so at what point do i need to worry about the housing choking off the performance of the 20g

Not right now and not on that setup, you've got the time and room to grow into it. Once you get that turbo fully supported and get use to ECM Link you'll be ready.

+1 on what Boost Demon said.

Just keep the boost at a moderate level since that 20G will outflow your fuel.
Also do a fuel pump rewire. It's a 30 minute job that will give you enough headroom if anything goes wrong.
Once you get leaner AFR's at high RPM your fuel setup is too small and that's your max power limit at those injectors.

1000 cc injectors match a 20G beutifully once you decide to got that path.

Last edited:
For now just use that 20g with the ported 6cm. Check to make sure your knock sensor is in working order and pick up a wideband. Be careful and enjoy!

I wouldn't go over about 16 or 18psi with that turbo or you WILL get compressor surge at the onset of boost. This can even become a problem for 7cm2 housing users if the boost level is high enough. There's a reason the 6cm2 housings don't come on anything larger than a 14B. ;)

There are some guys using 6cm2 housings on 20G's, but these turbos have had turbine upgrades and aren't using the stock TD05H turbine so surge is not an issue.

I have 1 more idea for you..Wire in the 2g mas and swap in the 550s.Then since Justin said dont go over 16-18 psi you will have a small more amount of fuel..Or leave it alone till you get a new pump and your 1000s in with a tuning device.

I have 1 more idea for you..Wire in the 2g mas and swap in the 550s.Then since Justin said dont go over 16-18 psi you will have a small more amount of fuel..Or leave it alone till you get a new pump and your 1000s in with a tuning device.

Thanks again Bud92gsx. :thumb: I was actually wondering if I could get away with wiring in the 2g MAS. By reading all of the tech i was thinking that i was going need a tuning device to add it in. I was planning on adding the 550s and atleast a 190lph pump. If i can safely get away with running about 17lbs of boost, im all for trying. I wasnt planning on running anymore than 20lbs, on a supported setup, anyway.....

14b turbos are cheap and very capable. I am however in favor of the 20g. especially since you already have one. I ran one on an awd auto talontuned running 26psi. it was a nice unit I'd go 20g any day if I come across one chhhheaap! or my personal favorite hx35-40 with The bep housing!

Thanks again Bud92gsx. :thumb: I was actually wondering if I could get away with wiring in the 2g MAS. By reading all of the tech i was thinking that i was going need a tuning device to add it in. I was planning on adding the 550s and atleast a 190lph pump. If i can safely get away with running about 17lbs of boost, im all for trying. I wasnt planning on running anymore than 20lbs, on a supported setup, anyway.....

Nope its a wire in bolt in situation with the 2g mas and 550s.Must be done together Tho.http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-intake-exhaust/440902-2g-maf-wiring-dummies.html

Rewiring the pump,should help out too Rewire Fuel Pump

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back