The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best Price for BIG16G Unported and Unclipped

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zerocygnal

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2002
Springfield, Ohio
Recently my friend and I took the turbo off of his Talon to replace some leaking gaskets that were causing a low boost problem. Once we got the turbo off well..let's just say the entire inner housing was melted and cracked....no saving it. Oh well time for the upgrade....looking for the place that has the best price on a BIG16G Unported and Unclipped. I've looked at RRE, Extreme Turbo, and a few other places but I'm hoping someone has found an exceptional deal on these turbo's right now. Please help, need to order it tommorow!

Thanks!

i just ordered my 16g from turbochargers.com ...they give 10% discount to anyone whose a member of dsmtuners... ;) ;) ....*does the happy dance* haha...

I was looking at ordering a 20G from turbochargers.com so when I order I just mention being a dsmtuners member and I get hooked up w/a 10% discount, simple as that? Thanks, Erick

Heh, thanks for responding!
However he just purchased it at Slowboy Racing for 675.00 shipped.

Also got a 2G Manifold, Turbo flange gasket, Exhaust manifold gasket for 168.00
Everything will be here friday guaranteed.

All in all not a bad deal. Back to the garage on Friday.

Thanks

Scratch that! Cancelled and ordered from Turbochargers.com for $635.00!

turbochargers.com has the suckiest warranty. if you have any problems your screwed
id recommend slow boy or someone else.

also boost creep will most likely be an issue with the big16g

Not one shop I have ever seen has a good warranty period. Most of the suppliers that these guys purchase from will find a reason not to honor the warranty. They will say it was a lack of oil, hot shut downs, defective BOV caused compressor surge, etc, etc. You can't really get a warranty on a turbo because of it's nature...so many things can go wrong and cause it to go out. I know that it was in a rush so research was quick. Mark was a great guy and he gave my friend a good deal and was willing to work with us. Turbochargers.com was able to get it to us sooner for alot less money on COD, it was circumstancial because of the time crunch.

Thanks for all the input guys,
I'm glad we have these vendors that take the time to post and research what DSM'ers are looking for.

i paid 520 USD for my new small16g... didnt really need it yet but i was doin a bunch of stuff with the manifold and the price was right so i figured why not have it done while it was all gonna be apart anyway

Big16G unclipped and unported...$450 shipped to my door:thumb: but it wasn't new, it did have 1000 miles on it. But basically brand new. I also saw a brand new small 16g go for 475 on ebay once (i know this cuz i had the 400 dollar bid that got outbid with like 30 seconds or sumthin left... THAT'S WHAT I HATE ABOUT EBAY AHHHH) But if u goin for a brand new one, then u gunna pay a lot more than what i payed. But one of my favorite performance stores is the Trader cuz i got patience and im cheap so i juss wait till i find the best deal!!!!

it was like two months ago!!! It was a really good deal i guess its 435 now. Its for the cartlige only but the 16g bots right in with the 14b exhaust side its a good deal.

Guys,

All of the shops here that sell 16g's and big 16g's do not make much of a profit... I cannot buy 16g's for less than $500.00 new unless I buy 10 at a time... so if you bought a new 16g for $520.00 someone GAVE it to you, since that is what most shops would pay......

You can buy just the CHRA for around $450 ish without turbine housing however....

You can buy turbos with "1k" on them, and "I never ran more than 12 psi" and "its always been timed"....... but you never know what you get...

The warranty issue......

Turbos are not built to "fail". Generally a warranty claim, especially on a 16g ( we buy them new from mitsu, and are never opened up here ) are some type of user problem..... Lack of oil, hot shut downs are the two most common, and very easy to spot when opened up.....

Now, the turbos that are custom made ( different thrust bearings, bigger wheels, etc.. ) I give a little more attention to...... because they have been opened up and modified.... Now, if a customer sends one of these back, and there is no obvious problems ( coking, blue shaft, bent shaft, missing wheel :) then this is taken into consideration and rebuilt at less than a full price rebuild.... or done for free....

Regards,

Mike Huml

well the turbo i ordered from turbo chargers died on start up. sent it back and they blamed me. so i payed to have it rebuilt. got it back on the car and everything was fine.

theres no way i installed the turbo wrong because i have installed several before.

They then tried to blame RRE's install kit saying it provided too much fuel.

I am not bashing turbochargers.com, i just dont want people to go through the stuff i went through with them because they offer a better price up front.

REGARDLESS! I just installed the turbo into TalonTSi16G' s Talon. We started about 10pm and finished up about midnight..took a little extra time to custom make another intake pipe for him. The Talon runs outstanding and the boost power is ungodly even set to 15psi. (actually we felt a real difference between a 16G and 14b running the same amount of boost....higher volume of air rather than pressure I suppose) That and we installed a 2G manifold with it. Thanks alot Wade! And thanks for working with us and atleast trying to help us out in such a time crunch Mike! I will most likely be contacting you about a SBR-M60
when my insurance check gets here from my recent car break in! I'm not about to let TalonTSi16G whoop up on me...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back