The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Best Possible Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91gsxnoob

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, Missouri
As i write this my '91 GSX is being torn down and machined, bored, and blueprinted. I plan to use the stock 14b turbo until it reaches maximum performance. Should I go ahead and replace the stock fuel pump and injectors, to allow for this or can they keep up? opinions differ is why i ask. What should I have ported while its at the machine shop? I want it to be a daily driver/weekend 1/4 runner. Thanks

If your going have an MBC and plan on running much more than stock boost, Upgrading would be a good idea i think

It really depends on what your horsepower goals are going to be. But it sounds like you want to upgrade in the future once the 14b is maxed out, so you may want to just get a fuel pump and some 550's which would work fine with the 14b and would still work if you went with a bigger turbo. What will you be tuning with?

if your putting all the time and money into this build to rebuild everything than yes you need a bigger turbo / fuel sys.... you wont need to port the head the 1g heads can flow 500+ hp. but what kind of #'s are you looking for?

My ultimate goals will be around 380-400 when set up for drag, and anywhere from 300-330 for street use. This will be far in the future but with the 14b I would like to see 220-250whp. I have no clue about what to use as a tuner this is my first import, ive only wrenched on exotics and old school muscle. What are some good SAFCs? I also plan to use a SMIC for a while, I've heard that stock BOVs are better if running below 25psi, sounds like bs?

well stock BOV are only good for stock boost. other wise there trash i have a evo IX BOV abd running 16 lbs no problem.

as for the head. its fine just leave it alone and spend money else where like a big 28g 550 injectors 255lbf fuel pump and a DSMLINK for a tuner...... also you may want to think about upper and lower intercooler piping. the side inter cooler is fine up to 300+ hp. and of course the down pipe and exhaust. good luck with the build.

sorry just seen you had a 1g...... there BOV are alot better than i 2g. :coy: i did mean for any confusion.

If you plan on upgrading to 350-400 in the future I would just get some big injectors like 850's and dsmlink. You can still use those for your 14b, but when you upgrade to a bigger turbo down the road, you don't have to get new injectors and just be able to change the settings on dsmlink. Of course you need a 255 FP and a FPR if you go that route so it will be more expensive, but most likely your best bet for the long run when you upgrade.
Just my .02 :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back