The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Best Place to Sell a Car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast97gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2003
Orland Park, Illinois
What have you guys had the most luck with in the past. In my instance it's a heavily modified car so that makes it a bit harder to do so I'm looking for where I'd have the best chances. I have it on autotrader and had it on ebay once as well but with no luck. Obviously car forums are a good place to list, but I always think people that are members on a car forum most likely own that car already anyways.

Any other ideas?

I've got my Sentra listed on Autotrader, Craigslist, and a local Classifieds website. Been up for a few days w/ no bites. I posted it on a few local car clubs/groups websites w/ no luck. Really hope it sells soon, because I need to sell it before I can buy the Laser I'm lookin at.

your car is still for sale i would of thought someone would buy it by now. I would of but meh college is a vampire on my bank account

wantarace95GSX said:
your car is still for sale i would of thought someone would buy it by now. I would of but meh college is a vampire on my bank account

Yea, currently have it listed on tuners, nabr, chitownracing, autotrader, even on my cardomain. Lots of people that want to "test drive" it, but nobody with $$$. Even tried ebay.

1fast97gsx said:
Yea, currently have it listed on tuners, nabr, chitownracing, autotrader, even on my cardomain. Lots of people that want to "test drive" it, but nobody with $$$. Even tried ebay.
What kind of car is it and how much are u selling it for? If you put it in all those place and no one's buying it, then your asking price is obviously too high. Also, try putting it on www.craigslist.org . It's free and thousands of people look at it.

1fast97gsx said:

:confused:

From prior experiance it all comes down to price. people dont understand modified cars accully brings the value down. People thing if they put 5k of mods int he car, they can jack the price up 5k. It doesnt work like that. Keep price right around blue book value for best chance of sell. Right now ill be looking to buy around next april, and I see people trying to sell them for 15k. That is outragous, I wont pay no more than blue book value. I have no idea how much you are asking, so dont take offence to my advise.

I know what a hassle it is.

No one likes paying a fair price for anything any more. It's pathetic.

Edit : For reference, I paid $3700 for my 1G which was almost stock, plus the cost of driving across state to get it, title/tags, and a hotel. Why? Because it was clean, and everything on it was in good/great shape, including the motor. Sure, I could've bought a "book value" piece of shit, but what's the point? You pay the price for quality items.

reeper said:
From prior experiance it all comes down to price. people dont understand modified cars accully brings the value down. People thing if they put 5k of mods int he car, they can jack the price up 5k. It doesnt work like that. Keep price right around blue book value for best chance of sell. Right now ill be looking to buy around next april, and I see people trying to sell them for 15k. That is outragous, I wont pay no more than blue book value. I have no idea how much you are asking, so dont take offence to my advise.
Modified cars don't always bring down value. KBB on my car is about $6000. I'd be crazy to sell it that cheap. I'm not trying to get how much has been put into my car back out of it, but I'm not selling near KBB either.

As for where to sell your car, I've had mine listed on cars.com and have had a decent amount of interest in it. I've actually had it sold twice and then some crazy luck happens to the buyers and it's a no go. I get a bunch of scammers trying to "buy" my car too, gotta watch out for that. Either way good luck selling it.

Snobordin8 said:
Modified cars don't always bring down value. KBB on my car is about $6000. I'd be crazy to sell it that cheap. I'm not trying to get how much has been put into my car back out of it, but I'm not selling near KBB either.

As for where to sell your car, I've had mine listed on cars.com and have had a decent amount of interest in it. I've actually had it sold twice and then some crazy luck happens to the buyers and it's a no go. I get a bunch of scammers trying to "buy" my car too, gotta watch out for that. Either way good luck selling it.

Exactly, a car like mine CAN'T be judged by blue book. It's beyond a regular bolt on car, hell it's at the point where it's not really streetable.

Is cars.com free to use?

1fast97gsx said:
Exactly, a car like mine CAN'T be judged by blue book. It's beyond a regular bolt on car, hell it's at the point where it's not really streetable.

Is cars.com free to use?

No, it is still pricy IMHO

Why dont you part out and return to stock. ITs worthless to sell it with mods, everytime I sell a car I return it to stock.

D_Eclipse9916 said:
Why dont you part out and return to stock. ITs worthless to sell it with mods, everytime I sell a car I return it to stock.

Its not worth the time and effort ... I'd have to find a stock motor, stock trans, reinstall AC and PS and literally anything else I changed on it. I'd rather take a hit and get a little less for it.

If it was my car id put a 16G on it and some 650s and put a 190 pump in it and return AFPR to a 1G stock one. and just drive it and 18 psi all day. or try selling it like that.

i didnt see cams on your mod list, is it cammed?

Ive just demmoded cars to get them sold but never all the way back to stock.

a little here and there to get it gone.

bfdahl said:
If it was my car id put a 16G on it and some 650s and put a 190 pump in it and return AFPR to a 1G stock one. and just drive it and 18 psi all day. or try selling it like that.

i didnt see cams on your mod list, is it cammed?

Ive just demmoded cars to get them sold but never all the way back to stock.

a little here and there to get it gone.

You might have missed the built motor / built trans part. Yea, hks 272s.

mitsuclipsegsx said:
You probaly already posted it, but why are you selling it?

I have a camaro that I'm building and a gsxr1000 as a toy. I just need to buy something to drive everyday thats reliable and good looking and unfortuneantly I don't have enough money to keep all 3 toys and get another car unless I finance it ... which I don't want. That's why I also said in my ad I would consider trades for fairly stock cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back