The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

best piston and rod combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB Pilot125

20+ Year Contributor
Oct 20, 2002
Centennial, Colorado
Best Rods and Pistons combo
just like the title says wondering who is running what and what are your experiences? ready to order but just dont know what? goals are 10's low 10's on the bottle.

For me, my budget decided it. I run weiscos and eagle rods. Take a look on John Shephard's web site. His setup would be plenty for 10's.
Hope that helps:)

If you are lazy, THis is sheps setup

Engine Modifications -
# Stock block and crank
# BJ's lightened stock crank
# Ross forged pistons
# Groden aluminum rods
# HKS camshafts
# BJ's ported cylinder head with 1mm oversize valves, titanium retainers, and double springs
# Unorthodox cam gears
# BJ's sheet metal intake.
# Accufab throttle body
# Buschur Racing race core intercooler and plumbing
# Tial B.O.V.
# HKS T4 manifold
# HKS external race wastegate
# Buschur full 3 1/2" exhaust
# T4 Garret turbo built by Forced Performance
# Fuel Injector Clinic injectors
# AEM stand-alone engine management system
# MSD DIS-2
# Buschur racing coil on plug setup
# Aeromotive fuel pump, filter, regulator
# NX direct port nitrous system controlled by AEM
# Shepherd racing custom built transmission. More info available here.

Interior -
# Gary Reese NHRA certified 12 point cage certified to 7.49
# Momo steering wheel
# Summit Racing seat
# Autometer gauges: fuel level, fuel pressure, oil pressure, boost, coolant temperature and tach
# Fully carpeted

Body and chassis -
# All glass - no lexan
# All steel except for hood
# Volk TE-37 wheels 16x8
# Hoosier DOT 26X8X16
# DSS coil-over kit with Koni shocks
# ACPT carbon fiber drive shaft
# Car weighs 2650lbs. with driver

Originally posted by Amar1995
For me, my budget decided it. I run weiscos and eagle rods. Take a look on John Shephard's web site. His setup would be plenty for 10's.
Hope that helps:)

checked that out yesterday I have never heard of groden rods before. have to do some research into those.

i 2nd ross racing pauter rods. its whats in my car. its what i'd trust going down the line. groden rods are alluminum so they are lighter. probally why shep switched from crower to those. if your on a budget there a few cars i know putting down 600 hp plus to the wheels with wiseco pistons eagle rods. the dsm that came in 2nd in street car challange has wiseco pistons eagle rods.

If you want the best of the best for street/strip then get the Crowers. If you hae a six bolt, my friend has a brand new set he needs to get rid of. He sold his 1G Talon:cry: and bought a 2003 Mustang Cobra with the Super charger. So he never got around to use them. Can't wait till I get my car running so I can whup his ass and teach him for going to the dark side.:D PM me if you are interested and I'll see what he wants for them. Later

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back