The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G best option on rear bars on roll cage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OH91awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
so getting ready to put the roll cage and im going back and forth on how to do my rear down bars that go into the hatch. ive got them setup for a rear seat saver and im going back and forth on the best way to weld them to the chassis. ive found two different ways its been done and trying to figure out the best way to go about it. i want to make sure its both legal and safe.

1st way would be to weld them right to the floor. my only issue with this way is i will have to find a spot for my nitrous bottle bracket as it sits in the same area as the passenger rear bar.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2nd way i found was to weld a bar between the strut towers then weld the rear bars to it.

Weld it to the strut towers just like the picture. My local buddy has a 8.5 cert cage and wcf tech passed him no problem the same exact way and he paid big $ for his cage to be fabbed.

I'm not just saying that from his car alone either. Tale a look at Gregory's cage as well same exact way. To me I think it a much more rigid place for a roll cage compared to near the ass end of it.

I'm not just saying that from his car alone either. Tale a look at Gregory's cage as well same exact way. To me I think it a much more rigid place for a roll cage compared to near the ass end of it.

That’s what I was wondering if it would give some better rigidity. I think that’s what I’m going to do then. I’ll have to get another piece of chromoly since the kit I bought takes it to the back of the car. Just have to shorten things up.

Here's how my 1g was done. Bars to the floor with a cross bar which the parachute mount attached to.

thats how my rollcage kit is set up (minus the parachute mount). if i go that route i see id defiantly either have cut the floor or try to mount the bottle on the cage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back