The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

BEST news of the MONTH...new car!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghettosmurf

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 28, 2004
phoenix, Arizona
so my buddy has this teal 97 240sx SE 5 speed, with 120k miles...it has always been stock and there is nothing wrong w/it...anyways over the weekend he runs over a HUGE pothole right,....and the freaking airbag deployed...like there is nothing at all wrong w/any of the car, but the insurance wants to total it because he went to a nissan dealer and they gave him a huge quote...so he is selling it to me for $1000 :D :D :D ...im so excited!!! can you say SR20, or RB25!!!

Not trying to ruin your day but you have to remember, a totaled car=salve title which makes it harder to register and also little to no resale value in most areas. Just think before you buy.

92awddsm said:
Not trying to ruin your day but you have to remember, a totaled car=salve title which makes it harder to register and also little to no resale value in most areas. Just think before you buy.

We will never get what we put into our cars anyway :cool:

so if he got a quote and the ins. wants to total it, but instead he sells it to me...is it still totaled? if i fix it then what it will just be a rebuilt salvage title?? either way 1k is good for me, specially for an s14. i know i would never get back what i put into it, i was just curious, u did bring up a good question for me

If the insurance settles on it, it will have a salvage title. He will then have to purchase it back from the insurance company to sell it to you.

Im not sure about AZ laws, but here, registering a car with a salvage title is a real pain. The car has to go through an inspection by the state police and they tend to nit pic everything.

If everything passes inspection, it can be reregistered but then you will probably have trouble finding a company to insure the car. Insurance companies do want to cover a car that already has a salvage title. I would check these things out before you purchase the car. It could end up costing more than its worth.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back