The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Best Minibike engine ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i know autozone has like those clear ford engines...

There's a batch of guys doing miniature, working engines. Incredibly cool stuff, they do the whole boat: sand-cast the block and heads and go to town. Incredible machinist work.

Meanwhile, Renwal used to have the Visible V-8 of the old 289 Chevy. Very good kit. They also made a chassis for it, it's 1/4 scale, with working brakes- there's a set of them going on eBay, the bid's up to a (true) bargain $600 (kit collecting is a huge hobby- scary as hell~ there's a box for the chassis up, $50. Empty box). Little light bulbs to simulate the spark plugs, full running gear. The model business went through a lot of takeovers in the eighties, and Revell got Renwal... and I think Monogram got Revell. The original ran off an electric motor, the later ones are just cranked. Kind of sad just how primative that old engine was, and no update has been done on the model.

The Hemi kit you show is just a shell.

I think it was Intertech who came out with a visible Wankel, that passed to Minicraft, and Revell later came out with one as well.

Revell had a 2.3 Ford turbo- it's interesting because so much of what was being done at the time is WRONG: prevailing theory was that you had to keep the intake tract short, and this thing has the exhaust going all the way under the pan and back up to the carburetor.

Monogram used to have a Wright Whirlwind radial model, but it was a cutaway, not a "visible".

Renwal used to have a visible Man, Woman, Head, Heart, Dog, Frog, and -the universal gift, when you can't think of _anything_ -the Visible Horse.

Most all of these are on eBay at one time or another.

http://www.weberprecision.com/

Guy made a miniature 5.5 cubic inch blown V8 engine.. that now runs on alcohol...He made this by himself, in his shop at home. You have got to watch the video.. thing revs like crazy! He said hes taken a bunch more video and it should be up at the end of the week or so..definitley impressive..

Wow, just wow. That is so amazing that someone had the time and the ingenuity to build a miniature engine. I too am left speechless by this guy's talents. Simply amazing. Now someone just needs to build a miniature 4G63! :thumb:

Yeah i would say there are a ton of cool applications for that rig...I wonder if he plans on selling them eventually... not sure but damn that thing is cool

HOLY SHIT!!!!! OMG That is the baddest little engine ever, I want one.

The miniature engine hobby is a huge one. Most motors you can name have been done as running jewelry, although I've not heard of a 4G63 getting it. I don't know if anyone's done a teensy tubo (although with the cost of used T-25s being what they are, why bother?).

Well, if his blower ever gives out, he can always use a leafblower for a turbo!

Seriously, though, I'd like to see that on a chassis dyno. I want to see the dyno chart.

You could find it on this forum as well under the thread titled "mini bike engine" or something like that. It was posted a few weeks ago. -Matt :dsm:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back