The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Best Main & Rod Bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlmightySo

Proven Member
May 1, 2014
New Castle, Delaware
I've searched around to see what info I could find but most are from 5+ years ago.

My 6bolt is at the machine shop right now and I wanted to know what are best bearings for me? I bought a set of King xp racing main bearings last year and was having double thoughts about em. Standard 6bolt crank, looking to see 30psi
Another question that I have is the option for .0001" extra clearance. Pros? Cons of this?

I bought a set of King xp racing main bearings last year and was having double thoughts about em. Standard 6bolt crank, looking to see 30psi
Another question that I have is the option for .0001" extra clearance. Pros? Cons of this?

I'm using the King XP Tri-Metal Racing Series main and rod bearings. I've got about 3k miles on my build so far, and I've had zero issues. Running 30 PSI on an HTA68 V2 currently.

I'm running .003" (an additional .001") oil clearance, which is what I'd recommend for a performance build.

6 bolt main and rod bearing oil clearance:
-Factory spec is .0008 - .002
-Limit is .004

More info here: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/gstwithpsis-galant-vr4-1837-2000.482807/page-4#post-153580952

I would just get the bearings needed . when the machine shop gets it they should know what is recommended once the measure the crank.

Machine shop told me the crank was near perfect on journals, I just want to know the pros and cons of running the .001 extra oil clearance. I'm looking to see 30psi for my build.. need to know so I can have them in on Monday

Anyone else with experience please drop a comment. Machine shop called me up and told me my cylinders are ready to hone their just waiting on me to drop off the pistons & rods, but I havnt bought the rod bearings yet.. was hoping I could of gotten more info out of you mofos LOL

I'm running Manley rods and acl bearings at .003 and am running 30-35 lbs of boost on a BW 259 and the cat loves it. I've never had a prob and I've ran ACL bearings on all my set ups.

Hmm I guess I'll stick with the standard size then. What clearance would you recommend me telling my machine shop to shoot for? .003? I really want this thing to be perfect. Anxiety due to it being my first engine I sent to a machine shop LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back