The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Best HID projector headlights for a 98 Eagle Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjaycxj

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2011
hoffman estates, Illinois
I just bought a 98 TSi AWD with 108k, the first thing I wanna do is a projector upgrade and I would like to know the best company that makes projectors for the 98 Eagle Talon?

I've seen them on Amazon but IDK if those are good quality. Does anyone have a set of TRUE projectors with angel eyes in their 2g Talon?

Your input would be greatly apperciated as I would like to do this ASAP

Thanks

Jjaycxj

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, but first and foremost.. repair all necessary things and do some maintenance first, replace belts and anything that probably has never been done.

As for Aftermarket projectors Do not waste your money, you ll pay 160+ and will not get the quality you deserve.

Send your stock OEM headlights out and get retro fits. I believe there is a vendor or free lancer person(s) on this site that can do the retro's for a very reasonable price. You will get the proper projector cut off line and Most importantly Great Visibility!

Can't remember the person off the top of my head I will double check later and get back to you.

Yeah I just blew 200 bucks on ebay for Dual halo projectors with an HID kit. The HID kit was an extra 50 dollars, it didn't work.. The headlight project decent, but on a wall it projects the image of a pumpkin for some reason. They're all over the place, one points straight up the other straight down. The halos have like 2 LEDs in them each, so they're dim. Overall, it wasn't worth it at all, but they look decent.

Welcome, but first and foremost.. repair all necessary things and do some maintenance first, replace belts and anything that probably has never been done.

As for Aftermarket projectors Do not waste your money, you ll pay 160+ and will not get the quality you deserve.

Send your stock OEM headlights out and get retro fits. I believe there is a vendor or free lancer pe rson(s) on this site that can do the retro's for a very reasonable price. You will get the proper projector cut off line and Most importantly Great Visibility!

Can't remember the person off the top of my head I will double check later and get back to you.

Thanks for such a detailed reply and yes I did change the timing belt thremastat oil change coolant flush spark plugs :). I figured all the ones on amazon were not good which sucks thiers is no great aftermarket application. If you could find it out will be great and also the talon is my dd so turnaround on the headlights is key. So when you get a chance if you can find out who it is or which out of the crappy after market projectors is best ### I can't deal with stock anymore!!!!

Yeah I just blew 200 bucks on ebay for Dual halo projectors with an HID kit. The HID kit was an extra 50 dollars, it didn't work.. The headlight project decent, but on a wall it projects the image of a pumpkin for some reason. They're all over the place, one points straight up the other straight down. The halos have like 2 LEDs in them each, so they're dim. Overall, it wasn't worth it at all, but they look decent.

I used the search on the forum and someone recommended a site called turbo metal projectors? Have you ever heard of these and if so are they decent? Il post a link Mitsubishi Eclipse 97-99 CCFL Halo Projector Headlights Chrome
Do these look decent?

I know this thread is old but as for those turbo metal ones if they are eclipse headlights will they fit on the talon? I know it might be a dumb question but I wanna make sure

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back