The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Best Exhaust Mani for GT35R

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure how much HP but STM did a 10.3 with a stock internal 7 bolt.

yes i am saying its not possible. full stock motor and you think you can get 500 whp?

Its kids like you who have shitty tunes that make the bottom ends go out on stock motors.

Good tuning and good tuning device will make alot of power

FYI most people on this forum blow up there motor from half assing there tune or improper care.

Running so rich the rings wash out,having bad spots in tunes with detention, not running head studs. Not changing wires or spark plugs and having miss firing issues. etc

ARP head studs are a must along with good tuning should last awhile

kid, thats pretty funny. coming from you, that must mean your about 50 to be calling me a kid. i guess its old farts like you that assume you know everything about everybodys car. cause obviously your build is so great that you dont want anybody to know what it is because you dont have one thing listed.
keep talking gramps.

love how some people ask questions on here to get feedback then you have jacks like you that are here just to talk bad on those trying to learn.

kid, thats pretty funny. coming from you, that must mean your about 50 to be calling me a kid. i guess its old farts like you that assume you know everything about everybodys car. cause obviously your build is so great that you dont want anybody to know what it is because you dont have one thing listed.
keep talking gramps.

love how some people ask questions on here to get feedback then you have jacks like you that are here just to talk bad on those trying to learn.

It's people with the maturity of 13 year olds like yourself that wind up causing this community (dsmt00nerz) to be overlooked by the knowledgeable dsm crowd.

That's why you were referred to as a child...

woah woah woah, before we get all defensive here, I Never said it was IMPOSSIBLE, your post seemed like your were going to throw on a 35r and call it a day and make 500whp.

your going to need some crazy tuning, deffiantley ARPS, headgasket, timing belt, and a whole list of supporting mods to even think about 500.

and i hope this isnt on pump gas, because if it is, then it will be next to impossbile

keep talking gramps.

DSM's these days are extremely straight forward with a massive amount of good tech support.

I read and read and read and listened then learned at first:aha:

Still dont know everything but ill share the correct information when there is a need for it.

so now your saying i have the maturity of a 13 y/o by making a post, asking a ?, having someone talk $h!t about the ? and im the immature one? enlighten me more please?

Please learn how to read

500whp on stock crappy 7 bolt? haha thats a joke

Explain to me why a stock 7bolt is crappy? Other than the people who have spread rumors for years all over the internet about crank walk. It was always rare and did not happen to alot of cars.

For the record E46 M3(yes gods gift to the bmw guys) have been know to crank walk and some motors were fixed under warranty. So it can happen to any cars, dsms did not invent it.

The only things that make our motors weak and blow up is the owners most of the time

1g making big power
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dyno-talk/389241-621whp-553tq-stock-block-ostar-motorsports.html

okay i never said anything about crankwalk. 7 bolts make decent power but not for long.

and that link is a 1g, big difference and that has just a stock block with a built head.

As for manifolds, there are numerous high-quality tubular and cast manifolds that will fit your application and power goals.

As for the 7-bolt stuff, that is a completely different conversation and shouldn't be even in this thread.

FYI though, the 7-bolt can handle it if tuned properly on a stock block. With aftermarket rods and pistons, the 7-bolt is capable of quite a bit. Ask me how I know.... It is what I run and wouldn't change it.

okay i never said anything about crankwalk. 7 bolts make decent power but not for long.

and that link is a 1g, big difference and that has just a stock block with a built head.

It was a example of a stock motor

Maybe your car wont last long since you dont know what your talking about:hmm:

can a 7 bolt make 500 whp, probally, but for how long? few pulls? LOL lets be real here, how long do you expect it to last like that without even doing headstuds...?

I'm not sure how this is even relevant to the thread since his mod list in his profile states that he has ARP studs and a cometic HG. What are you trying to prove?

Anyways, I am in the market also for exhaust manifold and I contacted both erl and RedJack Racing. Which would you guys choose and why? I really like the ERL's lifetime warranty and their price is great but I have heard very good reviews about RedJack and their price isn't bad at all either.

can a 7 bolt make 500 whp, probally, but for how long? few pulls? LOL lets be real here, how long do you expect it to last like that without even doing headstuds...?

you can do headstuds, gasket, and all the necessary things and still have a STOCK 7 BOLT. Most people mean, stock bottom end. Cory bower's is a perfect example. almost 100k on the stock 7 bolt. never been outta the car and ran 10.3 in the 1/4 and is still daily driven making over 550whp.. Everyone thinks a 7 bolt will walk just because it has happened. Any motor can walk, it's not just the 7 bolt 4g63 motor. They have been seen to mostly walk in 95-96 cars. Bad treatment and not doing any of the necessary maintenance will cause it.

I love my erl manifold plenty of block clearance with my holset and seems to perform well. I guess we will find out soon if a stock bottom end 115k and counting will support the power. I plan to get real close this summer with cams, magnus intake and 63mm TB, and water/meth injection added to my mods. The car made 400.2HP and 415tq to the wheels last summer with 100 oct, stock cams, and stock intake. This was in Denver, CO with the density altitude somewhere around 7800 ft. It can be done and with a good tune it should hold up

Nice that was exactly what I wanted to hear! I am running an hx35 also and will be shooting for 400hp! Now did you compare the ERL with the previous manifold that you had installed? If so what were the differences?

I'm not sure how this is even relevant to the thread since his mod list in his profile states that he has ARP studs and a cometic HG. What are you trying to prove?

Anyways, I am in the market also for exhaust manifold and I contacted both erl and RedJack Racing. Which would you guys choose and why? I really like the ERL's lifetime warranty and their price is great but I have heard very good reviews about RedJack and their price isn't bad at all either.

I like both the manifolds but just to point out a difference the Erl comes in a open t3. Redjack's manifolds can come in an open t3 or a divided t3.
If it were me, if you want an open t3 get the erl, if you want a twin-scroll get Redjacks manifold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back