The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

best dsm 1/4 mile et on stock fuel pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwisthekey

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2004
ft.pierce, vero beach, Florida
what is the fastest 1/4mile time you or anyone you know have gone on a stock fuel pump or stock re-wired. ive heard of people going 11s on stock sidemount but whats the lowest someone has gone on a stock fuel pump.

This is probably one of the most potentially expensive hp. limiters imaginable. :notgood: For a $100.00 part, not a good idea. :talon: wannabe #2296

"Fastest on stock X" really is meaningless; you have to know how they compensated for the poor performance of that part before the statistic is meaningful. For example, you can compensate for the small pump in a number of creative ways, including lowering your fuel pressure and running some other form of enrichment (such as methanol injection or nitrous).

A good example: Brandon Ruiz runs very low 11's on a T-25 and the stock sidemount (and claims to be using the stock fuel system, so there you go), but that doesn't tell the whole story: he's running enough laughing gas to give a whole city the giggles.

And underradar92 is right; if you're running out of pump (on purpose), you'd be well advised to know what you're doing, or you're going to have a very unpleasant surprise one day. Get a wideband and a fuel pressure gauge, and put them in a prominent location if this is something you feel like playing with.

650cc injectors c16 race fuel, no alcohol, methanol or water injection, stock smic stock fuel pump (rewired) ran [email protected]

now this is what he asked for. please at least try to answer the question and not flame, if you have never ran your car on stock fuel pump then there isnt much room for you in this thread is there?

compression said:
now this is what he asked for. please at least try to answer the question and not flame, if you have never ran your car on stock fuel pump then there isnt much room for you in this thread is there?
Who was flaming? (If you mean underradar92's "wannabe" comment, he was referring to himself and Greg Collier's recent thread. I'm wannabe #2998.)

As for just telling him what he asked for, sometimes the best answers point people towards the right questions.

Nice job compression, I saw your timeslips in the gallery and was suprised when you responded to me telling me you ran it in your GSX...

Last time I heard the thing was stock fuel/stock turbo and look where you are now;)

Im running the stock fuel pump myself now, but as soon as it's nicer out I can crack the fittings with out worrying about stripping and breaking all of the connections, and the walbro will go in....

..Just like compression tho, you will run much better times on the stock pump if you run it with Race Gas, as you can bump up the boost past the normal limit (~16psi) without too much fear of excessive knock

The point was not to flame. Sorry if it seemed that way. Props to anyone going fast regardless, one is just dancing on the edge using fuel pump as their "rev limiter" if you will. Not a bad thing, just potentially expensive, over pride & a $100.00 part.

wow compression, nice times man. you live in vero too?.... i've never seen you before

I remember reading a while back that the Steve-Tek fuel system upgrade made the higher flow pumps unnecessary. They could deliver a lot of fuel on the crappy pumps by taking the restrictions out of the stock fuel system. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a few Guinness Extra Stouts deep right now.

Happy St. Patty's day everyone!

i dont think this answers your question but john sheperd (I think thats how you spell it ) runs 7 or 8 seconds but I dont think its pump fuel or soemthing like that

red98talon said:
i dont think this answers your question but john sheperd (I think thats how you spell it ) runs 7 or 8 seconds but I dont think its pump fuel or soemthing like that

What???

I got white socks on. My shirt, yeah it's blue.

not sure if this helps

red98talon said:

John's car hasn't had a stock fuel pump in it for the last 10 years minimum back when Dave Buschur used to own it.

mavisky said:
John's car hasn't had a stock fuel pump in it for the last 10 years minimum back when Dave Buschur used to own it.

He was obviously confused...Based on the fact he said "pump fuel", he probably thought this thread was about racing on pump gas....

I am wearing a blue shirt also;)

soo running c16 race gas on a stock setup. . . like mine. . stock FP/turbo. . whats the most i can turn the boost up without knocking like crazy. . 16psi is what i planned to run this sunday as its my first time actually hitting 1/4 track.

i have no cat. .3" DP and 3" exhaust.

thanks for the help.

thats on 14b also....?

t25+c16+my current setup+being an auto 2g gsx? =20lbs i should be ok?

this was on an evo3 16g with 650cc injectors, maft, afc, and many more mods look at my mod list. so if you have stock injectors i really wouldnt suggest going as high as 20psi.

ill be at the track later today. mods are as follows: 14b, ported 1g manifold and o2 housing, 450cc injectors, walboro 190, full turboback exhaust no cat, supra side mount i/c. i will be running c16 hoping to break into the 12's. we'll see though. ill post up

The best i did was a mid 14 on it with a t-25, but its kind of pointless to keep it. A new one is only 100 bucks why take the chance.

We accidentally ran a stock fuel pump in our pump gas car (92 awd auto) car is full wieght stock motor. When we bought it we where told it had a 255 in it so we never checked it. Car went 11.6@117 befor we figured out the limiting factor was it really had a stock pump in the tank.

Turbonetics manifold, GT35R, 720cc injectors, maft, 3" GM maf, SAF, keydrivers chip, spearco FMIC, B&M FPR, meth injection, custom controled shifted trans, 4K restalled convertor. On a 50 shot with very low timing it went 11.2@121 on the same setup, once we do a little more tuning it will go 10s on pump gas easily.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back