The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Best Downpipe for ur buck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black9d1tsiawd

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2003
fort polk, Louisiana
Anyone? I kno Exhaust depot has 1 for 169,but is there any other "good" ones where ur not paying for a stupid name?

I am just looking for the best performance for the buck.

So far Exhaust Depot's is the 1 iam picking. Anyone else have any comments, idea's or any input?

probably the rsr I got mine for 135. it's 2.5-2.75 after the flex section no cat.

I don't think RSR makes a DP for the 1g. Personally, I would go with a RnR DP. I think they are $185 for the 2.5" and $210 for the 3", but you are getting what you pay for and then some.

ebay 3in one. i got mine for about 130. It bolts up perfect comes with everything and it sounds nice.

how do you like that 2.5 O2 elim pipe? I just ordered it from RnR and I hope it's worth the money.

Does the RNR have a cat bypass or does it connect onto the stock catalyc convertor? Also is it stainless steel/steel or alum?

Apexi has pretty good downpipes as well. You can generally find them for $180-$200.

i bought a pacesetter downpipe for 175 and it is supprisingly well built, i know everyone thinks pacesetter is shit and i did too. the cat back i got for my prelude had cheap ass paint on it that flaked off when i took it out of the box. but this down pipe is nice its 3inch and came stainless steel. although i have yet to put it on, still waiting for the rnr o2 housing........still waiting:(

I just ordered the 3" O2-eliminator downpipe plus a cat from RnR. The have a "Cat eliminator" option on that which just extends the downpipe all the way to the catback, if that's your thing, but I need to pass emissions. ;) Stainless steel is another option that I got (aluminized steel is the default, but I live in Chicago...salt capital of the USA). I'll probably post pics when it gets here/gets on the car.

Ok, guys, remember he is looking for a DP for a 1g and there are not as many companies out there that make DPs for the 1g. I once again will push my vote for RnR. They make quality stuff and the price is right. They make just about anything you want for the 1g and will work with you so that you are happy. They do make one that works with the stock cat and also with a high flow in the 2.5", I'm not sure if they can make their 3" work with the stock cat. but I doubt it since no other company does, but you never know till you ask.

if it was so simple to make ur own and everybody had the tools.. i think everybody would be making their own ;) or someone make a very detailed specification sheet for all types 2.5-3" fwd/awd 1g/2g etc and post it up so we can have it brought and made to local muffler shops.. that would be cheaper too.. :)

anyone here know if spool up got any faster with just a o2 eliminator, 2.5 or 3'?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back