The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Best Christmas Present ever!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geno_Talon said:
Driving on the right hand side is really tricky. Like he said the blind spot's are switched and shifting is weird. Not hard but just.....odd.
Try doing it in Japan... I'm amazed how people buy LHD cars (big Euro, American) and are able to drive there, although no such thing as a drive thru. All I can say Japan was an experience trying to drive RHD and be on the other side of the road with a lane the size of a compact parking space. Either way, good luck with the car. We definately need some pics. Don't go out trying to be some Initial D/Takumi competitor and wreck it before we can see it!

I think Im gonna drive to Reading to check this out. Thats if its cool with you. :thumb:

damn.

i work my ass off. I support 5 other siblings in this house, get damn good grades, had my license for 2 years..still don't have a car registerd right now almost all the money goes to paying bills. I'm a senior in high school. Worst part is I'll probably end up going to some shitty college too..

thank you parents very much for what yo ugot

mike

You should get a disposible camera. Then when you go to get photos developed. Get them to put it on a cd.(I think you can get the photos put on a cd :confused: ) Just be glad you have a car(two yet at that) because I don't have a car :(

hmmm i really want to see these pics. because here in nyc i was told by the DMV that it was Illegal to register a vehicle that was right hand drive. they told me that i could register a vehicle from another country. but it would have to pass some sort of U.S. safety inspection. and also u would have to convert it from right hand drive to left hand drive. i dont know if it is different in other states. and when u do get the pics can u take a few with it next to your eclipse?

It's not illegal to register a right hand drive here in the US (illegal to register a left hand drive in australia). You do have to pass federal safety standards and emissions standards as well as local emissions standards.

some cars are center drive like the mc laren F1 and are street legal, and I have driven right hand drive english spec cars that are registered in the US. Not a problem when you stop trying to put your ass/body in the normal lefthand side of the lane (which puts half the car over into the other lane).

It's great fun to drive thru a drive thru backwards so you can pick up the food...

Attack Eagle said:
It's great fun to drive thru a drive thru backwards so you can pick up the food...

ROFL! :laugh:

but yeah....I just saw a right hand drive Civic for sale last week. The guy uses it as a daily driver without any problems. Also my ex's mom has a Jeep Grand Cherokee right hand drive. She's a mail lady and uses it for work also, but it's registered as her personal vehical. I drove it once....the worst thing is siting in the front passengers seat. You feel like you should be doing something since your on the left, LOL.

Attack Eagle said:
It's not illegal to register a right hand drive here in the US (illegal to register a left hand drive in australia).
I thought they just had to have big billboards on the rear if they were LHD.

http://www.aaa.asn.au/pages/import.htm#left hand drive

"Left Hand Drive Vehicles

Light (not over 4.5 tonnes GVM) Left Hand Drive vehicles are not required to display a “Caution Left Hand Drive Vehicle” sign. Left hand drive vehicles over 4.5 tonnes are required to display a “Left Hand Drive” sign on the rear of the vehicle in words at least 75mm high in a colour that contrasts with the background to the words."

http://www.aaa.asn.au/pages/import.htm#left hand drive

I'm more and more convinced it is InFury. There's not ten dads who could tell you what a Silvia is, let alone figure out how to find one.

If there aren't any pics posted, I call bullshit.

huafist said:
If there aren't any pics posted, I call bullshit.
ill give him the benefit of the doubt but just go on saying giving that car to a 16yr old is a big dumbass mistake, not yet experienced of a driver yet to handle it

fawkit jsut ban his ass, he dont want to show pics screw him then :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back