The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Best/Cheapest way to ship a transmision

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzyjay

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 27, 2003
South_CarolinaUS
What is the Best/Cheapest way to ship a transmision. I went to the UPS store and it was going to cost $180 to ship one state over. WTF

I used a Pro-Tuff 50 gallon bin and put my tranny in and a lot of styrafoam and cardboard. Went to FEDEX and it was 80 or so bucks.

right from the shepracing website...

The recommended shipping procedure is to go to a local wal-mart and head over to the auto section and pick up a Contico Pro-Tuff bin. They are very durable and cost only $35. These are ok to ship through ups or fed ex. To insure the trans arrives safely this is very important. Take some heavy cardboard and line the bottom. Put the transmission inside and then fill the remaining space with either cardboard or Styrofoam (not peanuts) after that, just zip tie the lid closed and take it to a ups or fed ex shipper. An AWD transmission will weigh in at about 145 lbs.

I ship big stuff all the time. I use www.forwardair.com they are reasonable. about .30/lb with a $45 minimum. they go terminal to terminal so you have to drop off at their location and the reciever picks it up in his city. Hopefully you guys are somewhere near their terminals. On their website, click on "locations" good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back