The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A Best 2gNT performance mods?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLunarEc1ipse

Probationary Member
Sep 23, 2022
Burton, Ohio
Hey guys, i'm relatively new to the DSM community. And have own my 420a Eclipse for about 4 months now and love it a lot. I have a few modifications to it as well. I would like to get more performance parts on it but don't know what to get.

I'd rather keep it N/A for the sake of the 420a being a N/A of the production line, and for the sake of reliability of the engine because it is my daily. I don't want to go to much above and beyond. Just something to get me a little more horsepower.

@BLACK'98DSM what would YOU suggest for this member?
I tagged that member since he is very good with the N/A motors. Welcome to the forum, we all try to help out as much as possible. Take a moment and fill out a vehicle profile HERE so we can all see what your car is made of!
Marty

For a stock 420a with the stock ECU. The most promising mods I found were a Jeep throttle body and catback system combo.

Stock throttle body is 48mm at the narrow point, most of the Jeep throttle bodies were 60mm all the way through (from a 4.0). There's 2gnt.com guides about choosing the right one and how to install.

The stock exhaust system is 2.25" and most after market systems are 2.5" or 3". Get more air in and get more air out. Nothing crazy but it will wake the motor up and let it breathe.

There's tons of other things you can do like underdrive pulleys and headers. But what I stated will give the best gains without tearing the motor open or tuning it. Headers raise the engine bay temp too much for my taste anyway.

If you wanted to tear into the engine I could guide you through that, but being a stock daily that's probably not what you're looking for. The 420a is a pretty tough motor as it is. Just let it breathe and keep it maintained and I think you'll be satisfied.

Thanks Solomon!!!!! :thumb:

For a stock 420a with the stock ecu. The most promising mods I found were a Jeep throttle body and catback system combo.
Thanks bro much appreciated. I already have headers and a catback exhaust but the throttle body was what I was thinking about putting in.

One more thing what do you think about getting different injectors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back