The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

BEP Internal gate housings for HX35 through BEP direct

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So they DO have internal flappers and actuators!? What the hell happened to 'not made anymore' crap that other DSMers have been talking? 425 is still cheaper than having to buy another mani or external wg and o2 housing, too expensive. Thanks for the info, I gotta start buying stuff for my HX35 install.

So they DO have internal flappers and actuators!? What the hell happened to 'not made anymore' crap that other DSMers have been talking? 425 is still cheaper than having to buy another mani or external wg and o2 housing, too expensive. Thanks for the info, I gotta start buying stuff for my HX35 install.

No problem, David worked it out but said that most orders were for the .73 A/R T3 housing. So he didn't have the DSM housing information at hand but dug until he found it.:thumb:

Does he have a direct phone number or can I call and talk to them period? Or do I have to do it through email?

Got the BEP DSM Bolt on housing and actuator today.:thumb:

Attachments

• IMAGE_008.jpg
    IMAGE_008.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 606
  • IMAGE_012.jpg
    IMAGE_012.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 592
  • u.jpg
    u.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 574
damn i had to go External WG ### i was told they are not making internal ones anymore :/

o well at least i can hold 28psi all the way to 7500 nice and steady!

looks good though!

So i currently have sock 2g manifold with PR tubular o2. If i wanted to go holset, would i be better off going internal or external? External would cost more, but will the internal hold boost ok and not creep?

So i currently have sock 2g manifold with PR tubular o2. If i wanted to go holset, would i be better off going internal or external? External would cost more, but will the internal hold boost ok and not creep?

My hx40 had an internal gate, but i welded it and ran external. The flapper was 38mm though, so it was the same size as my external. As long as the wg passage in the o2 housing is big, it shouldn't creep.

Going internal gate will be cheaper but no internal gate will ever perform as well as an external gate. Holset turbos are very powerful turbos, consider all of the mods needed to support such a turbo before taking the plunge on one. Hope that helps.

Going internal gate will be cheaper but no internal gate will ever perform as well as an external gate. Holset turbos are very powerful turbos, consider all of the mods needed to support such a turbo before taking the plunge on one. Hope that helps.

Well i have most of the stuff already. I blew my new real e3 16g after only 700 miles, so the car is down for a bit. I was pushing some coolant, so i am doing a head gasket, arp studs, and probably cams also. If i do go the holset route i will probably get bigger injectors and go e85.

They probably have some left in stock. Stocking up is a trait common in capitalistic societies :thumb: ;)

They probably have some left in stock. Stocking up is a trait common in capitalistic societies :thumb: ;)
No doubt. Creating a shortage is a great way of getting $425 for a housing that once sold for around $200-$220; unless that's one hell of a good actuator!

Hrm i dont think my hx35 will hook up to the actuator at all. Mine has the clip, not the bolts near the coldside. It looks like the actuator requires one that has bolts? Guessing there are different kinds of turbos?

All HX35's use a large internal snap ring to attach the compressor cover.

With the actuator shown above, you need to fit the entire setup to your car so the compressor outlet is facing the correct direction and the oil feed and drain are situated properly on the center housing. Once everything is kosher, you mark the appropriate location where the actuator bracket will mount to the backside of the cover on the flat portion near the snap ring groove.

You'll need to drill and tap the compressor cover- there's no way around that. It will work perfectly if you use a couple 6mm bolts; I've done this to numerous turbos for customers and they all work perfectly.

The only other option would be to track down a compressor cover from a HX35 used on 99-02 Dodge trucks with the actuator provision on the cover; you'll need to modify a Holset actuator if this is the route you're taking. These turbos are rare to find because of the limited years they were used.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back