The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

bep .55ar housing hx35/40 won't fit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1983gsp

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 27, 2007
Pascagoula, Mississippi
I'm using a bep .55ar housing on my hx35. The Hx40 I received won't fit in the turbine hot side. I was under the impression it was a swapable part. Hot side is now at the machinist being lathed 150 thousanths.

Is this a typical problem or is this hx40 an oddball?

I'm using a bep .55ar housing on my hx35. The Hx40 I received won't fit in the turbine hot side. I was under the impression it was a swapable part. Hot side is now at the machinist being lathed 150 thousanths.

Is this a typical problem or is this hx40 an oddball?
If you are trying to fit the HX35 BEP housing to an HX40, definitely wont fit. Turbine wheel size difference.

OK....so now that I know this hx40 isn't an oddball I feel a little better. The chra is the same size so it fits fine...my machinist is lathing the housing and radiusing the inside to the same spec as the 12cm hotside the 40 came with. I don't see how properly clearancing the bep hotside to work on the 40 is "butchering".

The housing is more than thick enough to handle .150" without stressing anything. Am I wrong in thinking this won't work? If it doesn't I'm out the $40 to lathe it and the $200 for the housing...no biggie.

Ill keep this updated on the progress.

I'm using a bep .55ar housing on my hx35. The Hx40 I received won't fit in the turbine hot side.
You're trying to put a 13" tire on a 16" rim. Obviously Bullseye markets housings for the HX35 and HX40 separately for a reason. ;)

Instead of paying to machine your housing and taking a chance on ruining everything, why not sell your existing housing and throw $50-$100 at what you earn and buy a new housing that is made to fit the HX40?

You're trying to put a 13" tire on a 16" rim. Obviously Bullseye markets housings for the HX35 and HX40 separately for a reason. ;)

Instead of paying to machine your housing and taking a chance on ruining everything, why not sell your existing housing and throw $50-$100 at what you earn and buy a new housing that is made to fit the HX40?

Because hes flush, he has 260 bucks to piss away doing it the wrong way. :thumb:

Dont you wish you had that money to just throw away.....eh no biggie if I f*ck up.

Just received the housing from the machinist. Eyeballing it, everything looks good. Ill measure it when I get home from work and if its good, ill install it and give another update on spool/rpm.

The only reason I'm doing it this way is to be able to have my car back together before Tuesday. Gotta make a trip and its my only ride. If all checks out then I'm not waiting on a buyer and having to locate a seller. That, and if someone else runs into the same situation, they have a viable option.

Well whatever works just seems like backwards to me after reading this thread, ive learned through my ordeals with my car and how i do things.

I don't see any problem with this as long as the machinest is competent. Bullseye uses the same casting for both housings and only the machining is different so as long as the machinest does good you will have exactly what everyone is telling you to go buy.

I don't see any problem with this as long as the machinest is competent. Bullseye uses the same casting for both housings and only the machining is different so as long as the machinest does good you will have exactly what everyone is telling you to go buy.
:hellyeah:

26psi by 3900rpm swinging hard after 3500rpm. Everything fit, no complications, i'd definitely do it again if I had too. Thank you for the replies and I appreciate y'alls help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back