The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Bent valves need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civib2

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2004
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Okay I did my head gasket and everything went perfect. Then my bolt that holds my timing belt tensioner snaped and threw my belt, so naturally I bent my valves. What should I do I feel like my engine is screwed. Should I but a Crate motor from howell with all forged internals or should I just suck it up and but new valves in my shitty engine. Keep in mind I am trying to go turbo next summer. But with the howell motor does anyone know the hp out of them

how much money do you have to "fix" [cough extremely modify cough] the car?

Ha I wish I could have enough to Build a bad race engine but I have very little i would have to wait to next summer for a new engine and my car would sit till then.

Don't know how much work you wanna do, but buy some Ferra Valves and put them in. Then get a rebuild kit for the rest when you get the money. Since howell doesn't sell valves with their rebuild kit. Good luck man!

Is it just the new valves needed? I am getting a race head that is coming with 1mm o/s valves, I'm sure the guy i am getting my work done from also does stock head rebuilds. I was at a car shop once and this guy bought a 1g n/t from some guy who did not have the money to fix his head (he bent 8 valves). Then he said to me in a side comment (the guy who bought the car) it only costs me $3 a valve, he can do the work himself, he said he was going to throw an cai on and put it up for sale.

i thought the 420a engine wasnt an interference engine.correct me if im wrong thou.l8r.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back