The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Bent Caliper Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spray004

Probationary Member
Jun 22, 2012
Bham, Alabama
I dirt track race my 1G. I the past 4 or 5 races I've bent two right rear caliper brackets. I don't use my brakes while going into the corners and I havent been hit. Do 1G's have a problem with bending caliper brackets? They are bending enough that the RR caliper is starting to drag on the rotor.

I never had a problem with that in the years of owning dsms sounds like something else isnt right if it happened before.

Correction, the bracket didnt bend this time, the upper pin that the caliper pivots when you change the pads out bent...

If I'm reading this thread correctly, the claim is that putting stuff in the wrong hole can make you end up bent. I'm delighted to hear this, too, because the length of my index fingers and the direction of my hair-swirl had me a tad worried, happy marriage and two kids not-withstanding.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back