The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Belt tensioner

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeperhemi

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2012
White Plains, Maryland
Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement belt tensioner? I have a 1999 eclipse GS 420a and the tensioner has begun to scream! NO retailers carry it or Im told your car isnt equipped with one. Its the pulley just under the power steering pump. I can get one from a junk yard but no sense in replacing with another potentially noisy one. Thanks guys:confused:

Hi guys. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement belt tensioner? I have a 1999 eclipse GS 420a and the tensioner has begun to scream! NO retailers carry it or Im told your car isnt equipped with one. Its the pulley just under the power steering pump. I can get one from a junk yard but no sense in replacing with another potentially noisy one. Thanks guys:confused:

Just go to the dealership. Might pay a few extra bucks, but its guaranteed and they are actually going to know what you're talking about.

Yeah, try the dealer. They can give you a part number at least and you might find it online cheaper.

You can get it from rockauto.com for 20 bucks or, just press the old bearing out of it, and buy a new one for like 5 bucks from a bearing and seal store.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back