The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bell Housing removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmyk'sGSX

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2003
MichiganUS
Pulled the motor last night and I'm trying to seperate the bell housing. all the bolts that I can see are out. whats the catch? I have some pretty large prybars out and this thing wont come off.

You may have missed the rear mounting bolt that you have to get from the engine side. If not, then it should come apart with little effort. All the other bolts should be in plain sight.

If all the bolts are out, it should seperate rather easily by using a small prybar. I'd double check for bolts, and don't be too aggressive trying to seperate it. Good luck!

PS make sure you have something (or someone :) ) underneath it to catch it when it comes off.

A good nights sleep proved to be useful in showing that there was no way it was coming off without first removing the AWD transfer case. It seems our fellow technical writers at Haynes failed to mention this step.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back