The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Before / after!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I like your srt-4. I have a n/t turbo so I like seeing my motor worked on. I love the work your doing on the gsx/tsi's. I love the color of that Burnt Orange one the most. The black TSI you just posted also looks like a short 05/06 GTO. Its crazy. Do you have any issues painting without a booth or set up? I want to paint my car (well my friend will, he used to be a painter) but I dont have a booth. Im not real worried about some small fisheyes or anything I just dont want it to look worse than it already does. Thanks!

ps SUBSCRIBED!

Thank you. I don't have any issues painting without a booth. It still looks like glass. I wet the floor before I paint, And ground the car to the floor/battery on the floor. Then i just tack-cloth the car before primer, after primer, after paint before clear. There are never any issues or blemishes. If there were ever any problems You can easily wetsand and buff when finished, The next day.

Why do you ground it out? Just so you dont get shocked? What kind of paint are you using, and how do you not get over spray on anything in the garage?

You ground the body of the car because nothing will be ''pulled into'' the body of the car while painting. I use all dupont automotive finishes', Brand paints/clear/primers. There is over-spray, But you can easily clean/wipe it off when finished as it's only ''dust''. As for the floor, Since it is wet, Any over-spray hitting the floor, Simply gets bleneded into the water, letting it not stick to the floor.

I've been painting for 9 years now.

Any problems with the smell? It doesnt look like you have neighbors, but most of us do. Does the smell travel far?

I only have one question, how much is rent? LOL

I do not live in the garage hahahaha. Although I'm sure I could if I needed...

I am not a business in any way. Basically look at it just as like everyone else on this forum that is a normal person, Who loves to modify their cars...

But is this your primary source of income? Talk about doing what you love. Do you just sell the cars when you're done to fund the next build?
The SRT4 builds are awesome
Whats the story with the White Subaru? Looks like that was down to nothing but the body!
You sir are living the dsm dream. I told my wife if i came in to money, i would do just this. (about 4 months ago we had this talk). I said i would get a trailer and go around and rescue dsm's with my spare time.

I think I saw that copper one for sale somewhere. That is one beautiful car. Can you show some pictures of some 1g's you have done. I need inspiration to get my car done

Dam man, I didnt know you still even worked on dsms LOL. I just moved back into town, let me know where your shop is i want to stop by. Ill pm you my #.

Ya, just moved back in last week it has been a long time.

I'll build the car from the ground up, Then sell it shortly after. I can keep doing this, Because I have ALOT of dsm parts, To say the least, And always have an unlimited supply/access to more if/when needed. It feels good to get a car that is un-running and neglected most of its life, And then build it into the way it should have been from the beginning. It never gets old!
That is truly awesome! Once my wife and I move and get a garage up and running i think i may do this part time. It's always been what i've really been interested in. Doing it like this really makes you feel like you've accomplished something. I've done it twice now, cars were in decent condition and running but both were completely stock and i modified them to race them and got both of them in low 12's on stock 14B turbos. Keep it up, this really is inspiring.

More before and after pics!

Planning to take a vacation to Maui anytime soon? Anyways props for you my friend. We need people like you and keeping the DSM community alive. Being so isolated does sucks. I don't get to enjoy any meets or hangout with other fellow DSMers. Looking at the photos does look like a DSM Heaven. One day maybe I'll get off this rock.

Oh yay, SUBCRIBE!

I also notice that you joined in 2002 around when tuners came in. Just wondering how long you been into DSM?

Just out of curiousity, do you ever get in trouble with your neighbors, or city people or police about all the cars at your personal place? Do you have to have a dealer license to go through that many cars, or do you just not put all the titles in your name?

Great work, I liked seeing all the restoration pictures.

Do you ever make time for sleep? So where are you stock piling all of these extra parts? You must have access to a warehouse or something. Love the work! Wanna see some talons!!!;)

Cool, I was just wondering cause I have bought and sold several cars in a year and maybe its a Wyoming thing, but if so many vehicles pass through your hands in a years time you have to get a dealers license or some crap.

Thank you all very much. If I would have known everyone would have liked the cars/pics, I would have been posting alot more, Alot sooner. It's really motivating to keep doing what I'm doing. Monday I'll be bringing in another gsx to start so I will make sure to document that one aswell and update!! I'll hafto keep adding pics to this thread aswell, I just hafto get them all organized being I have so many of so many different cars that I did not even post yet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back