The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Been here a while, Im a little retarded

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talonman1200

5+ Year Contributor
Mar 23, 2018
Potterville, Michigan
I am sorry to everyone, I am a retard. If i knew how to read I would have known to introduce myself many moons ago. Hello I am Mitch, DSM addict for close to 20 years ( june will be the 20 year). I love them all. Currently messing with my 1g TSi awd. FP black car now with forged internals. Having a great time playing with the car. Grew up knowing Warren and Jeremy from Antilag racing in the Lansing Michigan area, great guys. My brother has a 95 GS-T we are currently getting ready to tune. I tune a bunch of DSMs locally here in Michigan. Anyhow Hello and Have a great weekend.

Hi there retard.. I mean talonman1200 .. ha ha you left yourself open for that one .. looks like you been around awhile .. So as it should of been from the beginning Sir I would like to welcome you to the site . Nothing I can tell you that you don`t already know..This site ROCKS :hellyeah::hellyeah:

Lol! Stupid is what stupid does! So yeah love this site. I'm on it all the time trolling the classifieds for more crap I think I need. DSM FO LIFE! LOL!

I am sorry to everyone, I am a retard. If i knew how to read I would have known to introduce myself many moons ago. Hello I am Mitch, DSM addict for close to 20 years ( june will be the 20 year). I love them all. Currently messing with my 1g TSi awd. FP black car now with forged internals. Having a great time playing with the car. Grew up knowing Warren and Jeremy from Antilag racing in the Lansing Michigan area, great guys. My brother has a 95 GS-T we are currently getting ready to tune. I tune a bunch of DSMs locally here in Michigan. Anyhow Hello and Have a great weekend.
Hello crazy dsm feller. I'm trying to get ahold of Jeremy and Warren for wiring diagrams on the antilag racing cop set up. I recently purchased a minty alm new set up for a really good price. Problem is I cannot find a diagram to save my life here and I feel like I'll never be able to wire them up properly. Do you know of a way to reach them I have had a few emails here and there from them and would really like to see how it does so i can buy alot more of their amazing products. But if I cannot see how to make it work, I just cannot justify buying more new or used parts of theirs for my 13 dsms. Heeeelllllppppppppp!!!!!!! Ty

Nice to have ya.
Welcome to dsmtuners.
You'll love coming here.
You should fill out a vehicle profile > http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/

Make sure there plenty of pics.

You should also start a build thread with pics and posts about your progress on the car ;) ohh and more pics. https://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/add

People love to follow build threads so im sure you'll get sum interest
I know I wanna see!!!

Welcome to the site.

Now, let's get the details on this COP setup you got going on...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Welcome to the site.

Now, let's get the details on this COP setup you got going on...

Well it has changed slightly since that post. At first I used cheap denso knock off coils just to see if I could do the conversion. I did it. After about 3 months of beating the hell out of it I have coil failures. Went with genuine denso coils. Never another issue. The plate I had designed by a friend and cut from sendcutsend. Wiired directly to the harness with 12v, ground, tach, and triggers. Works great. I’ve been bashed about it because of dwell times are not adjustable by the ecu like Evo 8 ecu or stand alones, but it works with know known issues. Handles 39psi from the black without a hiccup.

Meh, I (and many others) have been bashed about running the Intrepid coils, but as you mentioned, they have performed for me personally just fine.

Could you perhaps share a wiring diagram of your setup and the part numbers for the Denso coils?

Absolutely will share. I purchased the coils for a 2009 Toyota Yaris. Standard 4 pin pigtails off of Amazon. And as I stated above had the plate cut by sendcutsend. I do not have a diagram written but I will explain it LOL.

Coil plug pins facing out.
Pin 1 12v to black/white wire to the PTU harness.
Pin 2 IGF/tach signal wire to the white tach lead (number 1 and number two cylinder tach signal is all that is needed to give the ECU the proper resistance for a correct tach signal)
Pin 3 trigger 1g 1/4 wired together for waste spark wire to the yellow/red trigger wire on the PTU harness 2/3 is yellow.
Pin 4 is ground. Use harness ground.

And as I stated above had the plate cut by sendcutsend.
Since I haven't asked you enough questions:
Would you by chance have/be wiling to share the sendcutsend vector file for the COP plate?

Would you by chance have/be wiling to share the sendcutsend vector file for the COP plate?
Flip me do you want his bank account and security number next haha

Likely what killed your original coils is that you are running them at twice the duty cycle then they are made to run at because you are running them in waste spark configuration.

Flip me do you want his bank account and security number next haha
If he's willing to share, absolutely.

Likely what killed your original coils is that you are running them at twice the duty cycle then they are made to run at because you are running them in waste spark configuration.
Quite possible, since the Yaris coils are DIS. But, only one way to find out if the Denso coils hold up I suppose :idontknow:

It is not my file to share. I can ask him if he would be ok with but I doubt it because he is in automotive design. Designs wheels and other parts for SEMA.

Actually it was the $64 set of 4 coils from Amazon. Lmao

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back